Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: panamadan PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:08 am
    ----
Guys,
I've always wanted to build a kit of this tank after seeing it many years ago. It will be much easier now (with some kit bashing) as Dragon Models will be coming out with a version soon.
I'm wondering if there are any photos of this tank taken many years ago or even after it's capture? Maybe the tank had other features that it doesn't have now?
Here is a link of the tank with many detail photos-notice all the improvements that are added to it.
entertainment.webshots...6084fIVaiG

Thanks,
Dan

#2: Re: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:03 am
    ----
Dan

I'm fairly familiar with this Panzer III ( I was actually climbing around on her yesterday Cool )

I have seen a number of old photos of Panzer III's in the collection but not sure which is the proper one. I'll dig around and see if I can find some old photos of this particular Panzer III.

Regards
Don

#3: Re: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:36 am
    ----
Here's some old pics

web.archive.org/web/20...F+page.htm

web.archive.org/web/20...a+page.htm

Neil

#4: Re: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: panamadan PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:39 am
    ----
Don,
Thanks for writing back! I'd like to clinb on this old girl too-do you know off hand if the tank has the thinner roadwheels or the later thicker versions?
It's aslo very interesting that it doesn't have a right side (bow MG) side vision flap-I wonder how that is possable?
Thanks,
Dan

#5: Re: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: panamadan PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:43 am
    ----
Neil,
I think that's another F-notice that the R/S sprocket is the ealier type. Here is a pic of the tank I'm after: www.flickr.com/photos/...270257749/

If it is the same guy then someone has done hard work!
Dan

#6: Re: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: panamadan PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:52 am
    ----
Here's a book that covers the improvements made to the early III's:

#7: Re: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:55 am
    ----
Neil

'222' is not the vehicle in question. The Panzer III that is operational has a large impact hole in the mantlet below the main gun, which is a distinct ID feature.

'222' is the other Panzer III in the collection & is currently in RMP behind the Panther 'G'. It used to be displayed behind the museum beside the T34/85 and the Panther 'G'.

Dan
right off hand, I'm not sure. I can find out though.

Regards
Don

#8: Re: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: panamadan PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:59 am
    ----
Don,
Thanks buddy!

#9: Re: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:21 pm
    ----
Heres a photo from 2004 when we pulled her out of the museum and were in the process of relocating to RMP.

I'm the one who is attempting to exit the Panzer III thru the hull escape hatch.

Regards
Don

#10: Re: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: panamadan PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:49 pm
    ----
Don,
It looks like you are getting out with not too much problems!
Dan

#11: Re: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:03 pm
    ----
My pictures of the FK Pz IIIs are here:

preservedtanks.com/Typ...Select=127

I've got more so if they could be useful let me know and I'll upload them asap.

#12: Re: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: panamadan PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:24 pm
    ----
That's just what the Doctor ordered!
I'm looking for photos of the turret roof and cupola(It's not the orginal type that the F had).
If you can upload more that would be great.
Dan

#13: Re: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:40 pm
    ----
Ok, I'll get on to it. I should have a couple more general views but it's unlikely I'll have detail shots.

#14: Re: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:48 pm
    ----
- panamadan
It's aslo very interesting that it doesn't have a right side (bow MG) side vision flap-I wonder how that is possable?
Thanks,
Dan

I have seen two photos of Panzer IIIs without the side visor on the right side. One is an ausf E and the other was a Tauchpanzer, though it looks like there may be a pistol port in its place on the latter. Why most had them and others didn't, I don't know. Since several firms manufactured Panzer IIIs, it would be interesting to find out if it was a manufacturer's variation.

#15: Re: Looking for older photos of Knox's PZ III F Author: panamadan PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:33 am
    ----
Trevor-Thanks!
Garry-That would be interesting to find out if indeed it is a certain manufacturer's mark. It might be that one has seen that many times in a photo but never noticed it.
Dan

-> AFV News Discussion Board