Unknown halftracks in Hatch NM
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Unknown halftracks in Hatch NM Author: fitzday PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:38 am
    ----
Just went through Hatch this weekend and saw these two halftracks that had been converted with what looks like some kind of a-frame in place of the rear compartment. I could only get a picture of the front one, the one behind it didn't have anything mounted on the rear frame and the r/h track was missing.

#2: Re: Unknown halftracks in Hatch NM Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:44 pm
    ----
fitzday,
Thanks much! Can you give any info on the location, and/or name of the business?

Neil

#3: Re: Unknown halftracks in Hatch NM Author: fitzday PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:10 pm
    ----
Google maps shows this as being at 32.663715, -107.165993.

James

#4: Re: Unknown halftracks in Hatch NM Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:23 pm
    ----
Thanks!

Neil

#5: Re: Unknown halftracks in Hatch NM Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:17 pm
    ----
Might be well drilling equipment.

#6: Re: Unknown halftracks in Hatch NM Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:36 pm
    ----
I was thinking a telephone pole setter?

Neil

#7: Re: Unknown halftracks in Hatch NM Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:03 am
    ----
Hi,

Looks like an A-frame crane to me. I've seen something like this used to pull and replace pumps, motors and the like. A lot of well-drilling companies use similar rigs for servicing (water) well equipment, but it could be a heavy maintenance vehicle too.

C

-> AFV News Discussion Board