Tanks and AFVs in Denmark
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:42 am
    ----
In my country we have lots of old equipment.

As we were allied with the Germans for most of the Second world war most of the German equipment left in Denmark was sent to Norway by the Americans as they saw us as enemies.

This picture changed with the introduction of the Cold War, USA needed us as an ally to control the Russian East See Fleets movements, geographically speaking Denmark is perfect for that.

Much of the equipment we received/bought is still around.

Take a look at this site for a comprehensive review.

www.drostrup.com/

There is also info on privately owned AFVs.

If you need help with translating the texts just contact me.

PS I am not affiliated with this site in any way.

#2: Re: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: TimRoyallLocation: Holland PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:48 pm
    ----
Very interesting site! A while back I saw some pictures of 2 very shot up A30 Avengers on a range in Denmark. I don't suppose anyone has tried to rescue those?

Tim,

#3: Re: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:13 pm
    ----
If I understand the site correctly,

The Lorrain Schlepper found in Iraq is now in the procession of their Panzer Museum.

That is good news if so.

BTW Welcome VonForhud

#4: Re: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:14 pm
    ----
I dont think the army wants to give away its targets.

I know of one occastion where a bunch of enthusiasts got and restored a 1943 M10 Tank Destroyer, it is now fully restored but not on display.

If anyone wants I can find out more, they have a website, but its Danish only.

#5: Re: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:18 pm
    ----
At Joe_D

That is not correct!

The Lorraine was encountered in Iraq in 2005, they think it was STOLEN from a museum somewhere and used by the Iraqis. The text goes on to explain that the sideplates was stolen just hours after this photo was taken.

Sadly Denmark has no history of taking enemy materiel on display.

#6: Re: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:25 pm
    ----
Sorry to hear that,

I have seen images of a US Army Low Boy loading her up for transport but have no idea where she ended up Sad .

#7: Re: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 pm
    ----
Also a Welcome from me.

I'am not so familiar with Danish, but phonetic the word Forhud sounds like a dutch word Cool Cool Laughing

What means the word ''Øvelsesterræn''?

Regards,
Lesley

#8: Re: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:02 pm
    ----
- Joe_D
Sorry to hear that,

I have seen images of a US Army Low Boy loading her up for transport but have no idea where she ended up Sad .

I have made contact with the photographer, are you POSITIVE it got taken away?

PLEASE let me know any information you have.

#9: Re: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:04 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Also a Welcome from me.

I'am not so familiar with Danish, but phonetic the word Forhud sounds like a dutch word Cool Cool Laughing

Regards,
Lesley

Why do I have the feeling some of us are being denied the opportunity to learn some new and naughty phrases that we can't post "in the clear"? Wink

Sadly, our online "language translator" fails us on Danish and Swedish. Razz

#10: Re: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:07 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Also a Welcome from me.

Regards,
Lesley

Thanks!

Øvelsesterræn is practiceterrain. The place you hold drills and maneuvers.

Cheers

#11: Re: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:32 pm
    ----
Hi VonForhud

Welcome in the nutcase society, where all the AFV-fan's meet

Michel

#12: Re: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:41 am
    ----
My mistake

The images I saw were of a North Korean manufactured "Koksan" SP being up loaded. Some how I thought it was the "Lorrain Schlepper"

#13: Re: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:25 pm
    ----
Thanks for all your welcomes!

I shall translate the soldiers letter to me, sometime during this weekend.

I am afraid it contains some disturbing news.

(cliffhanger eh?)

#14: Re: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:46 pm
    ----
ForHud = in dutch Voorhuid = Foreskin

#15: Re: Tanks and AFVs in Denmark Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:43 pm
    ----
- TimRoyall
Very interesting site! A while back I saw some pictures of 2 very shot up A30 Avengers on a range in Denmark. I don't suppose anyone has tried to rescue those?

Tim,

Tim,

is there any possibility to get these pictures?
I'm not aware that these 2 tanks exist.

best,

Pierre-Olivier

-> AFV News Discussion Board