Crashing a M8 Greyhound
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Crashing a M8 Greyhound Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:55 pm
    ----
Just for fun.
Some friends of mine are into re-enacting , and they have a M8 Greyhound. Last December they were in the Ardennes and had a little accident with the M8 .
See for pictures here. foto-uploaden.nl/zie/78ykpaq
and foto-uploaden.nl/zie/7ux15ui and foto-uploaden.nl/zie/f9fw3w7 and the last one foto-uploaden.nl/zie/2fwsyn9

Hope this is working

Walter

Last edited by Walter on Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:33 am; edited 2 times in total

#2: Re: Crashing a M8 Greyhound Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:39 pm
    ----
The picture links aren't working for me.

#3: Re: Crashing a M8 Greyhound Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:34 am
    ----
Links work for me, but they are HUGE (and consequently, resolution suffers).

Walter, as a benefit of registration at C-C, you get a free photo gallery that you access via the "My Account" on menu sidebar at left. You can link photos from that account (after you create your folder) to this website only, or you can use a free hosting service like Photobucket, Flikr, etc. We automatically resize images to 800x600 for our dial-up members and so the text portions don't require a lot of scrolling around to read. You are welcome to link your images here or at one of the other services. If you need any help with this, just ask in the thread and someone will try to assist you.

Interesting photos, I gather the accident was not "staged" in any way, looks like an expensive afternoon outing for someone. Hope the damage was not too extensive.

Edit: Well, you were fixing it just as I posted...very much better, thanks!

D.

#4: Re: Crashing a M8 Greyhound Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:21 pm
    ----
I can see them now, thanks. That's pretty sad - I hope it was fixable.

#5: Re: Crashing a M8 Greyhound Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:04 am
    ----
It looks worse than it really was.
Sure there was enough damage ,but all fixed.

Walter

#6: Re: Crashing a M8 Greyhound Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:13 pm
    ----
Hi Walter,

is this by any change an Dutch owned vehicle?
Then I can ad it to the Netherlands AFV register

If you have an picture of an "restored" vehicle I could use that one Laughing
Unless your friends prefer an picture of the crashed M8 Wink

Michel

#7: Re: Crashing a M8 Greyhound Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:25 pm
    ----
Hi Michel

Yes it is Dutch owned
If you give me a little time, I will find you a proper pic of the M8 before the accident.

Walter

Edit : Hi Michel here is the pic of the M8 .
This was in Oosterbeek 2006.
If you want to see pics from the restoration a couple
of years ago ,look here
www.screamingducks.com...store.html

Last edited by Walter on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

#8: Re: Crashing a M8 Greyhound Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:29 pm
    ----
Thanks Walter,

take all the time you need

Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board