Recycled Tanks.....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Recycled Tanks..... Author: 68BarracudaLocation: Ridgecrest Ca. (China Lake NAWC) PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:43 am
    ----
Hey Gang

In my wanderings about the 'net I stumbled across a Heavy Equipment message board (okay, I was looking for intel on my Cat 112 Motorgrader Laughing ) There's a few threads in the Forestry section that caught my eye. Lots of logging equipment mounted on tank chassis! I knew Ontos were used in the logging industry for a while and had seen a Sherman or two converted. Didn't realise just how much is still around!
This is just one thread loaded with pics. You have to wade through all the yarders, loaders, trucks etc to find Tanky-Thingys but they're there!
www.heavyequipmentforu...hp?t=17042

No Don....didn't find any brush pigs in the photos. A lot has been scrapped out or dumped in the ocean up there. But you never know what might still be lurking in an abandond logging camp somewhere.

#2: Re: Recycled Tanks..... Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:26 pm
    ----
Interesting - I didn't go right through, but I did see a Sherman HVSS chassis on the second page.

#3: Re: Recycled Tanks..... Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:02 pm
    ----
Very interresting indeed

I did go through untill the last post
Except the Sherman HVSS chassis there are Sherman parts to be found on page 8
In this page there are an couple of Sherman transmission covers, complete with sprokets

www.heavyequipmentforu...042&page=8

However ever there is more former military stuff to be found
Including an Caterpillar D7, military trucks, etc

Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board