Neil - couple s/n's from Nebraska
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Neil - couple s/n's from Nebraska Author: binder001 PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:00 pm
    ----
There were questions about some of the M60s on display in Ne and I promised that I would address them once the snow melted. Yesterday I got a start;

1) Lincoln, NE M60 s/n is 181. The tow lug and engine deck agree

2) Gretna, NE M60A3 s/n 2872A. This tank was placed on display in MERDC camo colors but in the last year or so has received a thick coat of CARC Forest Green.

3) The Fitzgerald Veteran's Home in Omaha is now closed, the M60 formerly on display on the north side of the property is gone. I don't have any contacts to get a clue as to where it went.

I'll get more as the spring/summer goes on.

Gary B.

#2: Re: Neil - couple s/n's from Nebraska Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:36 pm
    ----
I'll get more as the spring/summer goes on

Yeah, we are leaving the winter behind and a new tank-hunting season will be in full gear very soon Cool

I started too early this year, and I've met snow both in Solbiate Olona (Italy) and Sinsheim (Germany), was already much better 10 days ago in Thun (Switzerland). April 10/11th there will be a special event in Full (Switzerland), I plan to go, but I'll check the weather forecast first.

Massimo

#3: Re: Neil - couple s/n's from Nebraska Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:33 pm
    ----
- binder001
There were questions about some of the M60s on display in Ne and I promised that I would address them once the snow melted.

Many thanks Gary!

2) Gretna, NE M60A3 s/n 2872A. This tank was placed on display in MERDC camo colors but in the last year or so has received a thick coat of CARC Forest Green.

Just to double-check, you sure it wasnt 2672A? Thats what TACOM said...

I'll get more as the spring/summer goes on.

Thanks again!

Neil

#4: Re: Neil - couple s/n's from Nebraska Author: binder001 PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:40 pm
    ----
Just to double-check, you sure it wasnt 2672A? Thats what TACOM said...

That could well be, I was interpereting the second digit. First, its not stamped very clearly and second whoever applied the new CARC paint must have used a bucket. These numbers were on the engine deck (along with a heavily crossed out prior #) and the tow hook wasn't readable without scraping the paint off. So it might be 2672A.

Gary B.

#5: Re: Neil - couple s/n's from Nebraska Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:10 pm
    ----
Gary, If you going by any Shermans or Stuarts, I can tell you where to look!

KL

#6: Re: Neil - couple s/n's from Nebraska Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:11 pm
    ----
Gary, If you going by any Shermans or Stuarts, I can tell you where to look!

KL

#7: Re: Neil - couple s/n's from Nebraska Author: binder001 PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:10 pm
    ----
I'd like to at least find the one on the Lincoln M4A3. The paint and rust are enough that I would need to take the Dremel tool or a heavy wire brush to even be able to see the bottom of the tow hooks.

-> AFV News Discussion Board