Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:06 pm
    ----
Interesting! Thanks!

#17: Re: Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:04 pm
    ----
Taranov, Koluchiy - great work!

Would it be alright to add the photo's and info to the entry at PreservedTanks.com?

Kubinka Panzer IV

#18: Re: Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:31 am
    ----
Don't see any problems Smile

#19: Re: Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:00 am
    ----
This is a late production Ausf G with 30mm armour plates welded to the superstructure front and nose. Its main armament appears to be jammed at full recoil.

This is early production Ausf.G, produced in october'42.
It has original gun KwK40 L/43, produced in 1942.
Its main armament just returned (just several years) to the proper position.
Tank is in running condition since 2001.

#20: Re: Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:51 am
    ----
Shot before repaint

#21: Re: Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:59 am
    ----
This is the tank after the shootings of the cinema.

The interior of the tank was more dirty than the exterior.

#22: Re: Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:45 pm
    ----
Were you able to fabricate the recoil guard on the main gun?

#23: Re: Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:22 pm
    ----
No, the time for works ends, so we decided do not make this complicated detail.

I hope in the next time we will make it.

#24: Re: Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:35 pm
    ----
- Taranov
Don't see any problems :)

Thanks - I'll get to work.

#25: Re: Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:55 am
    ----
Glad I could offer some help, nice work.
May I use those pictures at the register?

Tichenor

#26: Re: Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted Author: TaranovLocation: Moscow, Russia PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:11 pm
    ----
Yes, no problem

#27: Re: Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:08 pm
    ----
Done:

Direct link: Kubinka Panzer IV
Indirect (includes Kubinka Pz II): PGT Additions and Corrections

(it's great to learn exactly when and where it was built so I've included that information, and taken the opportunity to update the entry/link for the Krupp Magdeburg factory, including adding more photos).

Taranov, Koluchiy - please check the entry for this vehicle for accuracy, and let me know if you can add anything to the information.

For example, the map of locations is very sparse - do you know anything about where it served or was knocked out, where it was used for training and where it was captured? More recently, where was it used for the film making, and has it travelled anywhere else away from Kubinka? Many thanks.

#28: Re: Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:53 pm
    ----
I like the tank better in the old paint! Smile

A nice job you made! Thanks for sharing.

#29: Re: Kubinka Panzer IV G repainted Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:17 pm
    ----
Just completing some unfinished work - I've gone back and done a little research on this tank's unit so I could add the location where it was destroyed onto the map:

UID160: Kubinka Pz IV

I've also added the most useful background links I found.

-> AFV News Discussion Board