Sherman Drawings reqd
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Sherman Drawings reqd Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:23 pm
    ----
Gentlemen,

Firstly, excuse me if my terminology is not correct, I'm a wingy thing Smile

I wish to model (3DCad) a Sherman tank, and to that end I am in search of some three view drawings or blueprints if you wish.
Side elevation, end and plan views.

I don't need highly detailed drawings, more of an outline type drawing would suffice to get the overall shape of the chassis/turret and running gear.

From all the available types of Sherman I have seen, the one I have collected the most pictures of is the M4A3 with the VVSS suspension.

I would be grateful if someone could point me in the direction of such drawings if they exist.

Regards
Kitform.

#2: Re: Sherman Drawings reqd Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:09 pm
    ----
Hi Kitform

you could try following link

www.the-blueprints.com...nts/tanks/

Various plans of Shermans can be found.
For non-registrated the available picture size is about 500x500
However if you register you will be able to get bigger picture's

Way of topic

An question out of proffesional curiosity, what 3D modeller do you use?
I'm an mechanical engineer and using SolidEdge and ProEngineer

Michel

#3: Re: Sherman Drawings reqd Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:04 pm
    ----
Firstly, excuse me if my terminology is not correct, I'm a wingy thing
It's okay Kit we don't bite (unless you're a tree rat Twisted Evil )

#4: Re: Sherman Drawings reqd Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:27 pm
    ----
- Kitform
Firstly, excuse me if my terminology is not correct, I'm a wingy thing

- piney
It's okay Kit we don't bite (unless you're a tree rat Twisted Evil )

You guy's talk in riddle's Neutral

I've never seen an armored tree rat with wings

Michel

#5: Re: Sherman Drawings reqd Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:36 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
you could try following link

Hi Michel,
Excellent site, thank you, registered and bookmarked, useful for other stuff as well. Smile

Just got to work out some dimensions now.

Thanks

#6: Re: Sherman Drawings reqd Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:51 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss

You guy's talk in riddle's Neutral

I've never seen an armored tree rat with wings

Michel

Sparky concept, we try not to go there. Wink

#7: Re: Sherman Drawings reqd Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:46 pm
    ----
Someone here might have a large blueprint sheet size sepia line drawing of a Sherman rolled up and stored away. I seem to remember him acquiring a large stack a couple years back and I'd be surprised if at least one version of Sherman weren't in there Rolling Eyes

-> AFV News Discussion Board