LAV150 from Operation Just Cause
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: LAV150 from Operation Just Cause Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:39 pm
    ----
This vehicle was captured during Operation Just Cause, and now has recently been rebuilt and given a new job Cool

LAV150 Test Video

#2: Re: LAV150 from Operation Just Cause Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 1:21 pm
    ----
I want one!

#3: Re: LAV150 from Operation Just Cause Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:01 am
    ----
It sure seems to have a high center of gravity. Maybe it's the video but the tires seem taller and narrower than I remember in other pictures (and from my memory of the Base Sky cops Commandos back at Langley. I know the ones the Air Force had were top heavy (The one on Langley killed a sky cop when it rolled)

#4: Re: LAV150 from Operation Just Cause Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 1:15 am
    ----
- bsmart
It sure seems to have a high center of gravity. Maybe it's the video but the tires seem taller and narrower than I remember in other pictures (and from my memory of the Base Sky cops Commandos back at Langley. I know the ones the Air Force had were top heavy (The one on Langley killed a sky cop when it rolled)

I was thinking the same thing about the ride height. Seems quite a bit more than the V-100's I saw in VN.

#5: Re: LAV150 from Operation Just Cause Author: wgtacticalLocation: Carrollton, Georgia PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 12:39 pm
    ----
The light bar setup probably makes it look even more top heavy than it actually is. But one thing is for sure...you wont see me trying to drift one of these things Razz

-> AFV News Discussion Board