Rebuild...
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Rebuild... Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:07 am
    ----
www.youtube.com/user/osip1958

look through his videos for more detailed ones of the rebuild..

#2: Re: Rebuild... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:30 am
    ----
Did a lot with a little, didn't he? Seemed at first like there was not much to work with.

Does it run, by any chance?

#3: Re: Rebuild... Author: bialy-rLocation: POLAND PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:31 am
    ----
Looking at the last views this T-34/76 is at:

Vadim Zadorozhny Museum, Arhangelskoe, Moscow Oblast (Russia)

#4: Re: Rebuild... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 11:37 am
    ----
Amazing work. I've always had a soft spot for the T34/76.

I assume the assorted pieces were from the catastrophic destruction of at least one tank, if not more.

From the look of it, I'd say strictly a static display rebuild.

Thanks for the link
Regards
Don

#5: Re: Rebuild... Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:43 pm
    ----
Those guys worked outdoor most, if not all the time!

Massimo

#6: Re: Rebuild... Author: Garry_RedmonLocation: Kentucky PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:48 pm
    ----
It's definintely two different models. The hull is a 1940 hull with the square engine access hatch in the rear hull instead of the later circular one and the turret is from a 1943 model. They did a good job getting it pieced together.

#7: Re: Rebuild... Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:34 pm
    ----
Looking at the last views this T-34/76 is at:
Vadim Zadorozhny Museum, Arhangelskoe, Moscow Oblast (Russia)

Translation of the last words in the video:
"At the 27th april of 2010 this T-34-76 was sent bu railway to the Salekhard city" (this is the city at the nord of the Russia)

I assume the assorted pieces were from the catastrophic destruction of at least one tank, if not more.

Parts for this tank are parts of many other destroyed tanks.
He looked for them at the last several years.

The hull is a 1940 hull with the square engine access hatch in the rear hull instead of the later circular one

Such rear decks were produced until the summer of 1942 (STZ).

The turret "Gayka" and such rear deck is incorrect, but this is possible for repaired tank.

Does it run, by any chance?

It will never be running.
They made empty hull, without of suspension' shafts.
It will be too difficult to made it running.

-> AFV News Discussion Board