Speakings of Shermans
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Speakings of Shermans Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:44 pm
    ----
Anyone recognise the location of this one - its in Denmark apparently...

Did you notice the tracks?

Last edited by JimWeb on Sun May 16, 2010 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: Speakings of Shermans Author: recceboyLocation: Edmonton,Alberta PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:47 am
    ----
A mix of 3 bar cleat and CDP tracks , any location given ?

Anthony

#3: Re: Speakings of Shermans Author: binder001 PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 12:59 am
    ----
From the looks of the gun tube my estimate is an M4A3E4, a post-war rebuild that was supplied to Denmark, Yugoslavia, Pakistan and others.

#4: Re: Speakings of Shermans Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:32 am
    ----
It needs love.

#5: Re: Speakings of Shermans Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:23 am
    ----
I know for a FACT that it stands at "Høvelte Kaserne" in Høvelte Denmark.

Actually it stands on the edge of the terrain that belongs to the barracks with the Danish word kaserne meaning barracks.

#6: Re: Speakings of Shermans Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:42 pm
    ----
- VonForhud
I know for a FACT that it stands at "Høvelte Kaserne" in Høvelte Denmark.

Hmm capital letters.. somebody dare to contradict you or something?

#7: Re: Speakings of Shermans Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:48 pm
    ----
- recceboy
A mix of 3 bar cleat and CDP tracks

That is an nice combination for P-O's Sherman website Mr. Green

Must have been an nightmare for maintenance Twisted Evil

Michel

#8: Re: Speakings of Shermans Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:18 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
- recceboy
A mix of 3 bar cleat and CDP tracks

That is an nice combination for P-O's Sherman website Mr. Green

Must have been an nightmare for maintenance Twisted Evil

Michel

yes, I'll probably do a "Sherman oddities" page, with the most unlikely Sherman parts added together. For example, the M4A4 HVSS hull that has received a 105mm turret...

P-O

#9: Re: Speakings of Shermans Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:51 pm
    ----
P-O

feel free to use the picture of the M4A1E9 at Woensdrecht with the 2 type's of track on it

Michel

#10: Re: Speakings of Shermans Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 10:36 am
    ----
The picture is taken from www.drostrup.com the page on Danish armor. Thats why I am certain.

#11: Re: Speakings of Shermans Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 11:29 am
    ----
From the photo, the Drivers hatch is open, any chance of seeing if the data plate is there?

I'd love to add it to my growing 'Data Plate image' collection......

Regards
Don

#12: Re: Speakings of Shermans Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:44 pm
    ----
- Dontos
From the photo, the Drivers hatch is open, any chance of seeing if the data plate is there?

I'd love to add it to my growing 'Data Plate image' collection......

Regards
Don

It appears to be missing...

I have some interior images and I will add them to the web site.

#13: Re: Speakings of Shermans Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:37 pm
    ----
www.jedsite.info/tanks...3e4dk.html

#14: Re: Speakings of Shermans Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:47 pm
    ----
- VonForhud
The picture is taken from www.drostrup.com the page on Danish armor. Thats why I am certain.

Actually they came from the owners photobucket account - something you could have checked merely by looking at the image url..

#15: Re: Speakings of Shermans Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:52 pm
    ----
Anyone got any images of the top of a Sherman Badger?

-> AFV News Discussion Board