New Ohio stuff?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: New Ohio stuff? Author: ShermanWasRightLocation: Central Ohio/Northern Kentucky PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:37 am
    ----
I should have posted this a lot longer ago, but I just now looked at Aerial Visuals again and there appears to be some armor on display at this site as well:
rides.webshots.com/alb...3053CkBvSY
www.aerialvisuals.ca/L...erial=3391

M110A2? Coords: 40.287454,-80.768738
M47/48 (the pictures are dead links) Coords: 40.287522,-80.76862

I don't remember seeing this on the register, hth Smile

#2: Re: New Ohio stuff? Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 3:19 am
    ----
That might be the M110 that was supposed to be in Steubenville OH. Same county, anyway.

KL

#3: Re: New Ohio stuff? Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:35 am
    ----
SWR: What info do you have saying there is an M47 or M48 there? This is about an hour and a half each way for me. I'll make a special trip for a tank, M110, and F-89, but not just for the F-89 and M110.

KL

#4: Re: New Ohio stuff? Author: Alf_AdamsLocation: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:45 am
    ----
Hi Kurt, In my curiosity I was also wondering about the M47 or M48, so I closely examined the pictures at the second link. In the one that is nose on of the F89, you can just see the top rear of an M60 series tank, I think I can make out a wind sensor when I enlarge it, so that makes it an A3, if I know my M60s. Hope this makes it worth a trip for a serial number report. I know it would for me if I lived within an hour and a half drive, but then some of my friends think I'm a little over the edge in my interest in tanks.

Alf

#5: Re: New Ohio stuff? Author: Kurt_Laughlin PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 1:45 pm
    ----
Hi Alf: That probably is an M60A3, as there was a TACOM listing for a M110 and M60 in Stuebenville, under the custody of the county.

Thx,
KL

#6: Re: New Ohio stuff? Author: ShermanWasRightLocation: Central Ohio/Northern Kentucky PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 3:59 pm
    ----
- Alf_Adams
Hi Kurt, In my curiosity I was also wondering about the M47 or M48, so I closely examined the pictures at the second link. In the one that is nose on of the F89, you can just see the top rear of an M60 series tank, I think I can make out a wind sensor when I enlarge it, so that makes it an A3, if I know my M60s. Hope this makes it worth a trip for a serial number report. I know it would for me if I lived within an hour and a half drive, but then some of my friends think I'm a little over the edge in my interest in tanks.

Alf

What you said; I was merely guessing based on the satellite imagery.

edit: Kurt, if you do go, could you also see if you can find an N-number on the O-2 Skymaster that's there as well?

-> AFV News Discussion Board