Elizabethtown M109
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Elizabethtown M109 Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:42 am
    ----
My friend Tom Dinackus let me know there is an AFV in Kentucky we had missed. Not only that, but its in E-town!

"M109A2 or A3 SP 155mm Howitzer, and it is located at the KY ARNG Armory in Elizabethtown. It is on West Warfield Street at the intersection with Churchill Court, just off of North Miles Street (one of the fairly major streets in Elizabethtown and the street where the M114A1 is located). The unit is Det. 2, 203 Fwd Spt Co."

maps.google.com/maps?f....75,,0,3.5

Don, how did you miss this? Wink

Neil

#2: Re: Elizabethtown M109 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:05 am
    ----
(cough,....cough)

I'll see about it in the morning, its sorta on my way to work.

#3: Re: Elizabethtown M109 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:10 am
    ----
Check it out.....

maps.google.com/maps?f...03878&z=18

Seems to be on the corner of W. Warfield st & Hardin St

Regards
Don

#4: Re: Elizabethtown M109 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:23 am
    ----
Here you go.....SN 6677

Regards
Don

#5: Re: Elizabethtown M109 Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:46 am
    ----
I'd say it was either an A3 or A4. The only way to really check externally is to peek underneath and see if there are any drains under the fighting compartment.

#6: Re: Elizabethtown M109 Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:54 am
    ----
I tried to get all around shots for the version ID, wasn't sure of any tell-tale details. I'll check for the drains.

The Armory is 'tightly' tucked away in a residential neighborhood, besides small road sign on Mulbury St, its easily overlooked. Not the typical location of an Armory. Especially one with a static display.

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board