FIFI 4 Turning
-> Officer's Club

#1: FIFI 4 Turning Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:32 am
    ----
Well Today was the Big day for the CAF and FIFI Our B-29. The Commemorative Air Force Midland had their annual Open Cockpit Day and Memorial Day Celebration. The Big event for the day was rolling FIFI out of the hanger and running all four engines for the first time in, I think, 4 years.
I was there as a member of the CAF, West Texas Wing, Desert Squadron.

Here She is.................. Mr. Green

The Crew

Her Home for the last 4 years

4 Running!!!!

There was a lot more that that at the celebration. Antique cars, lots of airplanes and a very special P-38 showed up. Right now I'm a little tired, sunburned (airsho face). On top of all that I had the Honor to lay a wreath at the Memorial Day ceramony at the Odessa Cemetary

More pictures to come in a day or two. Oh yeah, We will be leaving for Hawaii early Friday morning (02:30) with the Permian Band....

Last edited by JG300-1Bullet on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2: Re: FIFI 4 Turning Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:32 pm
    ----
WOOHOOO!!! I sure would have liked to be there for that event! Thanks for the pics Bullet!!

#3: Re: FIFI 4 Turning Author: jerdevLocation: between Venus and Mars PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:57 pm
    ----
cool,great pictures

#4: Re: FIFI 4 Turning Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:02 pm
    ----
Very nice 1Bullet,looks like a great day for you guys !

#5: Re: FIFI 4 Turning Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:07 am
    ----
Must have been an awesome sight (and sound)! Nice work by the CAF.

#6: Re: FIFI 4 Turning Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:52 pm
    ----
Great stuff Bullet !

Thank you for sharing Smile

fled
Cool

#7: Re: FIFI 4 Turning Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:00 pm
    ----
Cool shots. Cool
Since they ran up all 4 engines are there any plans to fly her again ?

Wheels

#8: Re: FIFI 4 Turning Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:17 am
    ----
- wheelsup_cavu
Cool shots. Cool
Since they ran up all 4 engines are there any plans to fly her again ?

Wheels

Yes, She will fly for sure at Airsho 2010

#9: Re: FIFI 4 Turning Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 am
    ----
That will be a sight to see.
Which airshow are they planning to fly her ?

Wheels

#10: Re: FIFI 4 Turning Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:27 pm
    ----
- wheelsup_cavu
That will be a sight to see.
Which airshow are they planning to fly her ?

Wheels

You can get all the information on the Commemorative Air Force Web Page

Ths is a story and Video of the event
commemorativeairforce....uresID=309

And The CAF Home Page

commemorativeairforce....cms_page=1

The CAF B-29/B24 Squadron Home Page

www.cafb29b24.org/

Check them out

#11: Re: FIFI 4 Turning Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:17 pm
    ----
Cool , Thanks for the links Bullet.

Wheels

-> Officer's Club