Greetings everyone.
-> New Members

#1: Greetings everyone. Author: Stegner PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm
    ----
(Sorry I posted this in the wrong discussion forum)

Hello everyone, I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi. I work at the South African Museum of Military History over here as the workshop supervisor. I used to frequent the old newsgroup before registration was needed and have been lurking for some time now but finally decided to join and benefit from the great information and guys found here, and maybe share something with you all too.

All the best
Steve

#2: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:05 pm
    ----
Hi Steve, welcome to Com-Central.

#3: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:42 pm
    ----
Welcome.
Where's the museum?

#4: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:35 am
    ----
Welcome

#5: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: Stegner PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:51 pm
    ----
Thanks guys,Shades the museum is located in Saxonwold which is on the outskirts of Johannesburg, the back end of the zoo.

Regards
Steve

#6: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:37 pm
    ----
Sorry Steve,
I can't read that just now... my tears are obscuring my vision.
I'll try again later, when I'm over our loss... *sniff!*

#7: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:24 am
    ----
It's just a game Shades, life goes on

#8: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:11 am
    ----
Deep in my broken heart, Piney, I know that you're right.

*sniff*

#9: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:43 am
    ----
- piney
It's just a game Shades, life goes on

Yea it's not like it's something important like NFL Football or NASCAR Mr. Green Rolling Eyes

Shades you was robbed on the goal. Not sure if it would have made any difference overall. I was reminded of a Quote form 1966 that is posted at a prominant place at The Aberdeen Ordinance Museum

It was a quote from a major UK Newspaper on the eve of the UK Germany World Cup Final match from that year. As best I can quote from memory

"If on the morrow we should lose to Germany in our national sport let them remember that we have twice beat them at theirs (1918, 1945)"

#10: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:16 pm
    ----
lol - good one.

End of the day, the Germans outplayed us, pure and simple.
Well.., they hammered us!
They were better organised, better disciplined, came prepared, and wanted to play.
We didn't.
On paper I still think we should have won but someone swapped our team, back at MadameTussaud's, before we left.

*sigh!*

#11: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:41 pm
    ----
Hiya Steve and Welcome to Com-Central!

#12: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:53 am
    ----
-S-

Welcome to CC....!!!!!!!!!

Hammer

#13: Re: Greetings everyone. Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:29 am
    ----
Welcome to Com Central Steve. Cool

Wheels

-> New Members