Lost my audiable ATC!?
-> FSX

#1: Lost my audiable ATC!? Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:16 am
    ----
After having been hit by the McAfee bug I had to format,first to XP-SP3...That crashed as well...And now to windows 7 Ultimate 32. Installtion of FSX&SP2 went without problems.

All of a sudden windows told me that my directX version was incompatible?
I then downloaded Microsoft DirectX SDK ( June 2010) That went well too.
Buyt all of a sudden I lost audiable ATC????? Confused I get the text message ut that's it.

I have checked my seettings in FSX and under sound and windows Devices I have speakers;Under sound I have the same.
Under Setting General I have the Pilots voice "checked" I don't have a slider.

In the SOUND Folder in FSX I have a subfolder ATC. It has a file named USEEnglishBig.gvp which is 210.972 KB and another subfolder USEEnglish ASOS.gvp which is 566 KB.This is as far as I have got checking with my limited knowlwdge. Can anyone assist?

Berlopez

#2: Re: Lost my audiable ATC!? Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:27 pm
    ----
Hm, that's odd, I have the exact same files and my ATC works as designed. I assume you checked all the sliders in the sound settings?

#3: Re: Lost my audiable ATC!? Author: berlopezLocation: Copenhagen.DK PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:44 pm
    ----
...Snorre: Now I've had to formatt to win7 Ultimae 32 nd I decided to buy gold/accelleration. When I installed it was all fine. Then a week alter the loading times went ahuum!....Long to say the leat almost 10 minutes. I know acceleratrion has a lot more to load. But in comparisson with what I got that first week,which was preatty much the same as with FSX Std...Now I'm in thew 10 minutes waiting line. I've switched off a few processes that were running via Task Manager...But that didn't help...Much

Any suggestions?

-> FSX