For Freedom museum at Ramskapellen, Belgium
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: For Freedom museum at Ramskapellen, Belgium Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:46 am
    ----
I did found time to visit this new museum yesterday, it's not a big museum but has some interesting armour in it.

LVT4

Universal carrier

Sdkfz 251

#2: Re: For Freedom museum at Ramskapellen, Belgium Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:52 am
    ----
Morris MkII

T17E1 Staghound

Lt38 (P-O this one seems missing in your Pdf)

Could this be a APX-R turret?

#3: Re: For Freedom museum at Ramskapellen, Belgium Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:19 am
    ----
- Tichenor
Lt38 (P-O this one seems missing in your Pdf)

It's not missing, it is listed with the "Neutral States" tanks.
According to Rudi Schoeters, this is a fake PzKpfw 38(t) based on the chassis of either a Strv m/41 or a Sav m/43. The angle of the glacis armor, compared to a real 38t and to an original Swedish tank, confirms this fact. The turret couldn’t be real either, the gun looks different from a regular 38t

- Tichenor
Could this be a APX-R turret?

yes

#4: Re: For Freedom museum at Ramskapellen, Belgium Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:43 pm
    ----
- the_shadock
It's not missing, it is listed with the "Neutral States" tanks.

And I did think I found something new Crying or Very sad

Tichenor

#5: Re: For Freedom museum at Ramskapellen, Belgium Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:46 pm
    ----
- Tichenor

And I did think I found something new Crying or Very sad

Tichenor

well, I didn't know the Morris reconnaissance car and the APX turret, these are new to me..

P-O

#6: Re: For Freedom museum at Ramskapellen, Belgium Author: palic PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:28 am
    ----
Although it is not visible enought that Carrier has two bogies with four roadwheels on both sides I am sure they are there so that is a T16 Carrier, not pure "Universal". Have look at the sloped armour plate in front of driver's station - it is connected to vertical armour plate too high to be "Universal".

#7: Re: For Freedom museum at Ramskapellen, Belgium Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:19 pm
    ----
Palic

Seems you're right about the T16 carrier, the universal carrier is located indoors behind glass.
There was to much reflection thats why there are no pictures of that one.

Tichenor

-> AFV News Discussion Board