Worlds Scariest Airports
-> Officer's Club

#1: Worlds Scariest Airports Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:50 am
    ----
At least one authors list

weburbanist.com/2010/0...-airports/

#2: Re: Worlds Scariest Airports Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:51 am
    ----
Childs' play. In the simulator world, anything built under the name "Anomaly Airways" by a deranged JG300 member (uploaded here and at Hovercontrol) make the "real world" airports like landing at Edwards AFB in a Piper Cub.

#3: Re: Worlds Scariest Airports Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:38 am
    ----
I've done Madeira.
The worst part is they do a 'fly-past', as you're landing, almost at runway level so you can clearly see the stilts it's built upon for a significant distance.
I can remember thinking, "Oh gawd! I hope that's disused!", little suspecting that not only was it actually in use, but that we were going to be the ones using it.
A 'murmur' grew in the cabin as the banking final descent made it obvious that 'now' would be a good time to get religion.
Take off was only improved by being blind to the stilts until they'd done their job.

#4: Re: Worlds Scariest Airports Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:30 am
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Childs' play. In the simulator world, anything built under the name "Anomaly Airways" by a deranged JG300 member (uploaded here and at Hovercontrol) make the "real world" airports like landing at Edwards AFB in a Piper Cub.

Yea but in the simulator world you only get a Simulated NTSB investigation and a Simulated coroners report with a Simulated count of SOBs when you screw up. ( Well maybe one SOB is real Mr. Green )

#5: Re: Worlds Scariest Airports Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:33 am
    ----
- bsmart
- JG300-Ascout

Yea but in the simulator world you only get a Simulated NTSB investigation and a Simulated coroners report with a Simulated count of SOBs when you screw up. ( Well maybe one SOB is real Mr. Green )

Yeah, but if it goes all pear-shaped, I have a simulated jailbreak from Roraima Secret Prison! Razz

-> Officer's Club