AFV's Utrecht province
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: AFV's Utrecht province Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:41 pm
    ----
Had to go to Utrecht, and combined this with a visit to the cavalry museum in Amerfoort, and the mechanical workshop in Leusden.

First the Cavalry museum in Amersfoort;

Stored behind museum, Centurion fake r/n ''KX-14-86''. real r/n?

Stored behind museum. pre-serie/prototype? YPR-765 KY-37-00

Stored behind museum, Leopard 1V r/n KU-93-68

Leopard 1V turret behind a building near the museum

#2: Re: AFV's Utrecht province Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:49 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Had to go to Utrecht, and combined this with a visit to the cavalry museum in Amerfoort, and the mechanical workshop in Leusden.

First the Cavalry museum in Amersfoort;

Stored behind museum, Centurion fake r/n ''KX-14-86''. real r/n?

Lesley,
Maybe a different vehicle there, but what got my attention was the difference in weight classifications...any idea why that would be?

#3: Re: AFV's Utrecht province Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:58 pm
    ----

M4A1

Is this the ''normal'' recoil brake for this type of gun?

M4A1

What type of gun is on this vehicle?

Leopard 1V facing the main gate, r/n KU-92-40

Named B-arco (pronounced ''barco'' which is short for bacardi rum - cola mix)

#4: Re: AFV's Utrecht province Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:05 pm
    ----

My personal favourite, the Leopard 2A4. Your first love you never forget they say Wink

#5: Re: AFV's Utrecht province Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:13 pm
    ----
Inside bldg C/Landsverk bldg;

#6: Re: AFV's Utrecht province Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:24 pm
    ----
also inside the Landsverk bldg;

the s/n plate with serial number 6960

Last edited by L.Delsing on Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

#7: Re: AFV's Utrecht province Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:25 pm
    ----
Hi Lesley!

Check your PM's, please, Sir.

D.

#8: Re: AFV's Utrecht province Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:13 pm
    ----
Hello Doug,
MLC 56 should be the correct one on that tank.

Regards,
Lesley

#9: Re: AFV's Utrecht province Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:28 pm
    ----
Nice pics thanks for posting.............

#10: Re: AFV's Utrecht province Author: Maple_Leaf_Eh PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:53 am
    ----
- L.Delsing

Oh! A Ram indoors! Good to see and good to know another one is in presentable shape.

#11: Re: AFV's Utrecht province Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:13 am
    ----
- Maple_Leaf_Eh
- L.Delsing

Oh! A Ram indoors! Good to see and good to know another one is in presentable shape.

I think it's this one and it's been moved indoors from where I caught it a few years ago...used to be near the Shermans and has the same number on the side.

img.photobucket.com/al...bsite2.jpg

#12: Re: AFV's Utrecht province Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:53 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
I think it's this one and it's been moved indoors from where I caught it a few years ago

It is one and the same, I think it moved inside somewhere in the first half of last year

When I visited the place in september 2009 it was already stored inside

Concerning the presentable state, that is only from the outside
The inside is an little less presentable Sad

Michel

#13: Re: AFV's Utrecht province Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:00 pm
    ----
Question concerning the Centurion turret, picture 17 in the row above

Does soem one know what version it belonged to Confused

It appears to be an 20pdr gun, so an Centurion Mk 3 perhaps

Michel

#14: Re: AFV's Utrecht province Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:49 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
- Doug_Kibbey
I think it's this one and it's been moved indoors from where I caught it a few years ago

It is one and the same, I think it moved inside somewhere in the first half of last year

When I visited the place in september 2009 it was already stored inside

Concerning the presentable state, that is only from the outside
The inside is an little less presentable Sad

Michel

Looks like they parked it where the Fennec (sp?) used to be.

#15: Re: AFV's Utrecht province Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:53 pm
    ----
IIRC it can be a mk.3 or a mk.5 of which in the last the coax was changed to the US made M1919A4 .30 Browning mitrailleur and with a American radioset.

regards,
Lesley

P.S. Michel check the personal mail here

-> AFV News Discussion Board