You know you want one...
-> Officer's Club

#1: You know you want one... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:51 pm
    ----
www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...z0ucwE23ac

#2: Re: You know you want one... Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:13 am
    ----
Yes I do...
Awesome little plane.

Wheels

#3: Re: You know you want one... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:27 am
    ----
with a top speed of 50mph.

Shurely shome mishtake.

#4: Re: You know you want one... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:04 am
    ----
- Shades
with a top speed of 50mph.

Shurely shome mishtake.

Lawn mower engine. Feel free to upgrade. Wink

#5: Re: You know you want one... Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:06 pm
    ----
WOW!! I think most aviation enthusiasts has wanted to build their own plane. He used a lawn mower engine? LOL...not much difference between that and a VW Beetle engine used in so many popular ultra-lights... Wink

#6: Re: You know you want one... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:03 pm
    ----
Yeah, but a 700cc lawn mower engine.
My 800 cc bike (which can't weigh much more) has been up to 150mph.
And that's on the ground.
Surely 50mph was a headwind?
Otherwise it would be more like a helicopter.

#7: Re: You know you want one... Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:32 pm
    ----
With the fabric construction and hanging out in the open like he does, 50mph probably feels like 150mph.

Wheels

#8: Re: You know you want one... Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:21 pm
    ----
lots more drag on that rig shades... still kewl rig tho...

#9: Re: You know you want one... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:10 am
    ----
I guess.
Just sounds much slower than I expected when I started reading.

#10: Re: You know you want one... Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:26 pm
    ----
kin we paint little dead tree rats on the side ? (friend o' mine had a ultralight in the old days with a snowmobile engine)

#11: Re: You know you want one... Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:28 pm
    ----
NO!

Razz

#12: Re: You know you want one... Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:54 pm
    ----
- piney
kin we paint little dead tree rats on the side ? (friend o' mine had a ultralight in the old days with a snowmobile engine)

Might as well...I already have some (and one cat) on the tail of my bf-109. Wink

-> Officer's Club