PAK at Groesbeek (NLD)
-> Artillery Forum

#1: PAK at Groesbeek (NLD) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:02 pm
    ----
This PAK (i/d?) is located at the National Liberation Museum 1944 - 1945 (N51 47.127 E005 56 147)

#2: Re: PAK at Groesbeek (NLD) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:09 am
    ----
7.5 cm Pak 40

Massimo

#3: Re: PAK at Groesbeek (NLD) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:35 am
    ----

Not know wat ''OSW'' means but, the ''bwp'' on the right means it is built at BAMAG (Berlin-Anhaltische Maschinenbau AG) in Dessau.

barrel serial R3238. Looks the same (a R and 4 digits) as the numbers on modern German tank barrels which are built by Rheinmetal

#4: Re: PAK at Groesbeek (NLD) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:44 am
    ----
Thanks Massimo!

#5: Re: PAK at Groesbeek (NLD) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:39 pm
    ----
The breech marking is very different from the one located at Overloon

Also the markings are on different locations of the breech

Michel

#6: Re: PAK at Groesbeek (NLD) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:28 pm
    ----
Hello Michel,
I expected Germans to be very precise Wink and put the stamps/markings on the right place with every gun

are there any 3-letter codes on the one in Overloon? Maybe it is built at a different location were they had different rules were to put the markings?

BTW I have the intention to visit Overloon also this holiday.

Regards,
Lesley

#7: Re: PAK at Groesbeek (NLD) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:37 pm
    ----
He Lesley,

There are 2 letter: PJ and then 4 numbers: 1054
You can find an picture of it in the "PAK in the Netherlands" thread, page 2

send you an PM

Michel

-> Artillery Forum