Neil - Russell Museum M4s
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Neil - Russell Museum M4s Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:49 pm
    ----
Neil,

In an attempt to help clarify your list of vehicles at the Russell Military Museum I've posted photos of:

the two M4A3s in the storage yard

the M4A3E8 missing its right suspension (formerly with the M50 turret - NOW it has a different turret and is displayed on a trailer)

the M50 turret, a shot up turret and turret trainer

the M32

I also have photos of the more familiar M4 in his collection if you need/want those as well.

Enjoy!

Last edited by vagabond on Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:03 pm; edited 3 times in total

#2: Re: Neil - Russell Museum M4s Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:51 pm
    ----
M4A3E8 missing right suspension - displayed on trailer

#3: Re: Neil - Russell Museum M4s Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:53 pm
    ----
the turrets - displayed next to the M32.

#4: Re: Neil - Russell Museum M4s Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:03 pm
    ----
M32

#5: Re: Neil - Russell Museum M4s Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:41 pm
    ----
Yeah, VB, if you could post the other Sherman photos I would appreciate - just so I am sure I have them all straight? Thanks!

Neil

#6: Re: Neil - Russell Museum M4s Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:19 pm
    ----
As you requested:

M4 indoor display
M4A3E8 (105) Betty Boop
M4A1E8

#7: Re: Neil - Russell Museum M4s Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:25 pm
    ----
Thanks VB,
I think I have cleared something up:

It appears that there used to be two M4A3s at Kenosha that had missing right side tracks (not to mention the M32):

One was an M4A3E8 Sherman, complete with turret, but missing tracks. Not the front sprocket still had teeth

s698.photobucket.com/a...Stuart.jpg

I _believe_ this is now the M4A3 in storage that has a 75mm gun turret on top... Aka "M4 on trailer"...

But there was also an M4A3 that had the M50 Super Sherman turret on top. It was also missing tracks and engine, still had much of its suspension, but was missing the teeth on the front sprocket. According to my info, this M4A3 was a former range target wreck M4A3(105).

s698.photobucket.com/a...turret.jpg

I dont think its the M4A3(105) "Betty Boop" above... It now appears to be gone...

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board