Your Tax Dollars at work?
-> FS2004

#1: Your Tax Dollars at work? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:04 pm
    ----
Here's a good one in the "Anomalous Structures" category.......was checking out Albany NY (going there this week) and saw this bridge going across the river... think they padded the materials budget or what? Must be 6 bridges in there, all told! Smile

#2: Re: Your Tax Dollars at work? Author: RAF92_MoserLocation: Illinois PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:13 pm
    ----
Show me the blueprints!!!

#3: Re: Your Tax Dollars at work? Author: XcalibeR PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:20 pm
    ----
Man, I thought I got lost in big cities now... Which exit do you take??? LOL

#4: Re: Your Tax Dollars at work? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:20 am
    ----
The lower ones are for compact cars only..:D

#5: Re: Your Tax Dollars at work? Author: JG300-fr8ycatLocation: Los Angeles PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:07 am
    ----
You might have accidentally gotten some of that "Escape From New York"
scenery Laughing

#6: Re: Your Tax Dollars at work? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:48 pm
    ----
WEll I think I saw something that may explain it.....on final approach to Albany this AM I saw that bridge, and on the west side there is THE most complex interchange, cloverleaf over and underpass system I have EVER seen in my life!!!!!

Damn I wish I had time to get a picture......I pity the guy who had to model it and no wonder it came out this way....just a real can of worms I'm telling ya!

#7: Re: Your Tax Dollars at work? Author: FF_StepChildLocation: Hampton Va. US PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:41 am
    ----
Seriously though, is that after you did the 9.1 patch? I havew just done the update but have not flown much yet. That patch is supposed to fix a lot of bridges.

#8: Re: Your Tax Dollars at work? Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:22 am
    ----
I have the 9.1 update but can't tell if it was a result of the update or not, becuase it's the only time I've looked at that area. I don't know what it looked like before the 9.1 patch.

I heard that something happened to the person who was supposed to do the bridgesfor FS9 and that's why so many were originally missing. Then the 9.1 patch adds a ton of them.

It could be that the FS9 "Albany Anomaly" is a big clue to what happened......it appears a complete mental breakdown could have occured while trying to model the very complex real-life structures!

#9: Re: Your Tax Dollars at work? Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:05 pm
    ----
well,,,,,I am guessing this is the bad boy here,,,,,quite a few across that river but this looked to be the funnest,,,,,,

maps.google.com/maps?q...&hl=en

#10: Re: Your Tax Dollars at work? Author: 401RCAF_HitManLocation: Ontario, CANADA (next to the beer store) PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:56 pm
    ----
whats in that area of the map that is all blocked out?

-> FS2004