France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:50 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
well actualy my idea was, that armyjunk2 maybe wanted some help with ID

However thanks for the offer

What is that thingy in picture 14 Confused
The sign is telling something like "Char radio Renault R17"
Searching on the internet did not give any info, the only thing I could find are the "standard" Renault FT-17 tank and Renault cars

Michel

the # 14 is the upper part of #9 :

that's a partial FT-17 TSF (TSF means wireless telegraphy). These FT-17 TSF had the engine/gearbox and running gear removed, and they were buried along the Maginot line in the 1930s, to serve as defensive positions. Some were still equipped with the radios.

P-O

#17: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:50 pm
    ----
Sorry everyone I didn't ID these because I assumed everyone knew what they were, I was just sending some updates to Pierre-Oliver and decided to post here while I was at it. I believe everything here is on Pierre's list already If you haven't looked at them take some time to look, they are very good. I have no idea how he keeps them up. Lots of work. I also knew what number 7 was, it was 9 I didn't know...

18. Hackenburg, poor pic

19. Hackenburg

#18: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:00 pm
    ----
- armyjunk2
I believe everything here is on Pierre's list already If you haven't looked at them take some time to look, they are very good. I have no idea how he keeps them up. Lots of work

you know, I have the chance to travel a lot with mly ol' good car, and France is a quite small country (as large as the Texas), which allows me to quite often visit the same places and vehicles.

There is also the popularity of both "Tanks in France" and "Surviving Panzers" which allows me to receive a lot of emails and to often get the most recent information.

Another reason is that I know some Sherman tanks owners, and they know a lot about vehicles that are in private collections. MVs magazines are also a good source to find information.

I also have the chance to have quite a lot of time for my leisure.

Last but not least, I'm not the only one to spend a lot of time on tanks and AFVs. Some members on this forum and other forums bring us lots of useful information and nice pictures.

P-O

#19: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:42 pm
    ----
- Doug_Kibbey
I've never actually seen one of those Panhard EBR 8-wheel thingy's in other than old photos.

There is one in Full, Switzerland. Sitting just near an AMx-30:
www.flickr.com/photos/...088553191/

Massimo

#20: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:57 am
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
- Doug_Kibbey
I've never actually seen one of those Panhard EBR 8-wheel thingy's in other than old photos.

There is one in Full, Switzerland. Sitting just near an AMx-30:
www.flickr.com/photos/...088553191/

Massimo

I don't track EBRs, but I've seen photo's of lots of them in storage at Saumur (certainly double figures).

#21: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:13 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum

I don't track EBRs, but I've seen photo's of lots of them in storage at Saumur (certainly double figures).

IIRC they have 7 of them both on display and in storage at Saumur, and probably some others on the other storage locations of the Saumur Museum (Fontevraud and Tours).

P-O

#22: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:13 pm
    ----
Apologies for the threadomancy, but what is/was No9?

#23: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:02 pm
    ----
Number nine is a Fouga VP-90, which means Patrol Vehicle 90 Km/h. It was developed in 1952 from an older design made in 1934 to compete the Renault UE design.

Infortunately, in 1952 it was too late for European armies to be equipped with such tankettes, so it was never adopted by any army. An evolution of this vehicle was the HB-40 tankette, which was used for Polar Expeditions, and was produced in few numbers.

Pierre-Olivier

#24: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:41 pm
    ----
Saumur's VP-90:

Fouga VP-90 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#25: Re: France, Germany and Luxembourg Vehicles Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:57 pm
    ----
A weird & wonderful creation.

-> AFV News Discussion Board