Re-Format
-> Software

#1: Re-Format Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:05 pm
    ----
Those of you who have been following my computer antics will greet the following with some mirth:-
I am about to re-format my poota' due to a problem I acquired after un-installing a toolbar (I know, I know! I don't know why I installed it in the first place either!).

If I'm not back by tomorrow kill Piney and tie a yellow ribbon around his cross for me.

Mr. Green

#2: Re: Re-Format Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:30 pm
    ----
Quick Bushy, turn on the new firewall.
Mr. Green Mr. Green Mr. Green

#3: Re: Re-Format Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:02 pm
    ----
LOL Kit...

Hmmm...reformat...issues with the computer...tool bar problems....Conclusion...

Must be Windows... Wink

#4: Re: Re-Format Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:20 pm
    ----
kill Piney and tie a yellow ribbon around his cross for me.

and in your color, pink, too Twisted Evil

#5: Re: Re-Format Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:24 am
    ----
SOB's!

Actually Bushy, this one was linked to Firefox, Flashplayer, and a toolbar.
No idea what.
Flash had been dodgy in FF for a while and was causing closures and system hangs (fine in IE8).
Then, when I uninstalled a toolbar (which I shouldn't have installed in the first place), everything was hunky-dory until I tried to remove it from Firefox.
It removed half my registry as well.
I had app's left on my system that were showing as uninstalled, but weren't.
I couldn't re-install them because they were still resident, and couldn't fully un-install them because they thought they already had been.
Upshot was that I couldn't access half the app's on my system.
It was easy to see which were affected though as all their icons had gone to the windows default 'missing' icon.
So much had been corrupted, this seemed the best option.
It was overdue anyway.

#6: Re: Re-Format Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:37 am
    ----
It was overdue anyway?...ROFL...now I KNOW it's Weeendooz...lol

Yep, those virus writers are a clever bunch for sure. Don't get me wrong, I don't want people to quit using that OS as it puts food on the table for me... Wink

Flash is very cool and has enabled the Web to present some wonderful content in a much better way than in the old days. It's been a real temptation for me to incorporate more of it at CC, but I still like the speed of a site over 'kool and flashy' for most things. Smile

#7: Re: Re-Format Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:28 pm
    ----
Yeah. when I used to build sites, the fashionable password was always "Don't Use Flash".
Seems to have gone full circle and everyone's trying to incorporate it again now.
Especially commercial sites.

#8: Re: Re-Format Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:28 pm
    ----
Shades using Flash

#9: Re: Re-Format Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:13 pm
    ----
It's a living.

#10: Re: Re-Format Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:29 pm
    ----
ROFL...even if it IS a short living... Shocked

#11: Re: Re-Format Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:04 pm
    ----
I HEARD DAT!!!

#12: Re: Re-Format Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:38 pm
    ----
Was there any need for such a huge censorship square?
LOL

#13: Re: Re-Format Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:09 am
    ----
Grrrr....!

-> Software