Some more tanks in the Cadman Brother's collection
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Some more tanks in the Cadman Brother's collection Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:00 pm
    ----
Hello,

thanks to an email from "Sander D", I was able to update some PDF files on my website, with new vehicles. Most of them are wrecks..

I was able to see that the Cadman Brothers own the following vehicles :
-2 Centaur Dozers
-Jagdpanzer IV (L/48 or L/70??)
-M40 Gun Motor Carriage
-Cromwell (A27M)
-Panzerjäger 38(t) Hetzer or G-13
-RAM Mk II

Here are the vehicles that are not listed in the PDF files,; but that I have seen on the pictures :
-Conqueror tank
-T-34/85
-LVT-4
-Three Sexton SPG, one hase the howitzer removed and a metal sheet added to the gun's place
-Three M7 Priest without the howitzers
-M4 High Speed Tractor
-Comet
-M4A1E8
-Bren carrier
-M29C Weasel Crabe
-Mowag Panzerattrappe

These vehicles should be added to the vehicles that are already known to be part of the Cadman Brother's collection
-Panther tank
-Bergepanther
-Panzer IV
-Sherman BARV
-Churchill Mk III ARV
-3 Churchills Gun Carriers
-M3 Grant
-Black Prince tank (A43)
-Matilda

most of these tanks are wrecks or cosmetically restored vehicles.

#2: Re: Some more tanks in the Cadman Brother's collection Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:21 pm
    ----
P-O,
I believe they also have the following:

A22F Churchill Mk VII WD No. T173259
freespace.virgin.net/c...ltring.jpg
“Early production vehicle without frontal turret bulges. Suspect track guards, no air-intakes and a very suspect 17pdr gun!,” according to Shillito, The Churchill Tank: Register (UK).
freespace.virgin.net/c...ter/uk.htm

A22F Churchill Mk VII Crocodile
freespace.virgin.net/c...dman01.jpg

I believe the Black Prince is only a hull.
freespace.virgin.net/c...er/bp6.jpg

Not 1 but 2 Pz IVs:
PzKpfw IV Ausf F
PzKpfw IV Ausf J
jtrowbridge5.smugmug.c...2590_rGLxV

Neil

#3: Re: Some more tanks in the Cadman Brother's collection Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:57 am
    ----
here is the gallery showing the pictures I was able to get :

http://the.shadock.free.fr/cadmans/

Please save the photos on your harddrive if you need them, I'll not let this gallery online for a very long time.

Pierre-Olivier

#4: Re: Some more tanks in the Cadman Brother's collection Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:47 am
    ----
Thanks for sharing P-O
It looks more like a Junkyard rather then a collection.
But I like those kind of places.

Walter

#5: Re: Some more tanks in the Cadman Brother's collection Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:51 pm
    ----
P-O,
14 2502 appears to show a Canadian Ram.

the.shadock.free.fr/ca...age14.html

BTW, would there be any problem if posted these in my photobucket account in a folder under your name?

Neil

#6: Re: Some more tanks in the Cadman Brother's collection Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:52 pm
    ----
Neil,

to be honest, I published photos I don't have the copyright for. These are not mine and I didn't ask for permission to publish them on my own website. That's why I said that "I'll not let this gallery online for a very long time".

These photos come from a Flickr album, and the guy who published these pictures said "Don't ask where this next set of photos were taken. I am sworn to secrecy." So I suspect the primary publisher and owner of the pictures not to have asked the Cadman Brothers if he could publish these.

I don't want the guy to have problems and to be required by the Cadmans to removed the pictures he took, that's why I temporarily published the pics on my own website.

So I would not these photos to be published on Photobucket. This is only "for your information".

And yes, the picture 2502 shows a Ram Mk II.

Pierre-Olivier

#7: Re: Some more tanks in the Cadman Brother's collection Author: Buq-Buq PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:27 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner
P-O,
14 2502 appears to show a Canadian Ram.

the.shadock.free.fr/ca...age14.html

Neil

It looks like a Ram with a Grant turret placed on top. The turret rings wouldn't match up for size, so it must just be sitting there . . . It looks too compact and low for a Ram turret.

Mark

#8: Re: Some more tanks in the Cadman Brother's collection Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:27 pm
    ----
- Neil_Baumgardner

Not 1 but 2 Pz IVs:
PzKpfw IV Ausf F
PzKpfw IV Ausf J
jtrowbridge5.smugmug.c...2590_rGLxV

Neil

Neil,

where did you see a PzKpfw. IV Ausf. F ??
I believe that the Cadmans only have a single Panzer IV, an Ausf. J.

Pierre-Olivier

#9: Re: Some more tanks in the Cadman Brother's collection Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:29 pm
    ----
P-O,
I cant verify it anywhere or find a source, so I'll remove it from my UK draft...

Neil

#10: Re: Some more tanks in the Cadman Brother's collection Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:01 am
    ----
- the_shadock
-Three Sexton SPG, one hase the howitzer removed and a metal sheet added to the gun's place

That is a Sexton GPO, this was a Sexton with gun removed and extra equipment added for gun position officers (GPO) of Sexton batteries. It was fitted with extra radio, map tables, extra telephone cables, and an extra Tannoy unit.

The subject vehicle came from Pounds Yard in Portsmouth, where I spotted it in 1985.

Attached is a wartime picture of a Sexton GPO, courtesy of ramtank.ca

-> AFV News Discussion Board