Didn't know Ascout was Swedish
-> Officer's Club

#1: Didn't know Ascout was Swedish Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:51 pm
    ----
uk.autoblog.com/2010/0...over-limi/
Shocked

#2: Re: Didn't know Ascout was Swedish Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:45 pm
    ----
Not me, I don't drive that fast with my Swedish masseuse handling the shifts.....

#3: Re: Didn't know Ascout was Swedish Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:48 am
    ----
Switzerland HATES cars.
It especially hates FAST cars.
If you go driving in Switzerland, don't drive in Switzerland.

However, there are some very impressive roads leading out of Switzerland their cops can't police properly. Conversely, the nearest hospital to deal with any mishaps is in the nearby 'Yorgunnadie' valley.

#4: Re: Didn't know Ascout was Swedish Author: Combat PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:56 pm
    ----
Said the car was caught going 180mph by a camera. They can't prove who the driver was. Car owner won't even have any points put against his license for this one. He can even claim he didn't even know the car ever left his driveway.

Pretty impressive speed though!

#5: Re: Didn't know Ascout was Swedish Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:29 pm
    ----
It doesn't work that way in California with the cameras. The car is ticketed and the registered owner of the car is responsible for paying the ticket.

The only way out is to prove they weren't driving or they can prove the car was stolen.

Wheels

#6: Re: Didn't know Ascout was Swedish Author: Combat PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:48 pm
    ----
- wheelsup_cavu
It doesn't work that way in California with the cameras. The car is ticketed and the registered owner of the car is responsible for paying the ticket.

The only way out is to prove they weren't driving or they can prove the car was stolen.

Wheels

In NY the registered owner gets the ticket... but you don't get the points on your license since they can't prove you were the driver.

Check this out. There was a local lacrosse tourney for middle school aged boys. There is only one road into the place and the event was over a 3 day period. The road has a 40mph speed limit and cameras. One mom's Dodge Caravan got six tickets in the mail!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!

#7: Re: Didn't know Ascout was Swedish Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:33 am
    ----
- Combat
- wheelsup_cavu

Wheels

In NY the registered owner gets the ticket... but you don't get the points on your license since they can't prove you were the driver.

Check this out. There was a local lacrosse tourney for middle school aged boys. There is only one road into the place and the event was over a 3 day period. The road has a 40mph speed limit and cameras. One mom's Dodge Caravan got six tickets in the mail!!!!!!! YIKES!!!!!!!!

And in certain other states, they learned the hard way that ticket revenues can be all too easily offset by repeated camera replacement due to stray bullets.

#8: Re: Didn't know Ascout was Swedish Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:32 am
    ----
They should just come to TEXAS where at times it is OK to go as fast as you dare

www.bborr.com/home.html

www.bborr.com/2010/2010results.html

#9: Re: Didn't know Ascout was Swedish Author: bsmartLocation: Central Maryland PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:02 pm
    ----
- JG300-1Bullet
They should just come to TEXAS where at times it is OK to go as fast as you dare

www.bborr.com/home.html

A '65 Corvair at 145 MPH in the unlimited class??? Shocked Shocked Shocked

#10: Re: Didn't know Ascout was Swedish Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:56 pm
    ----
- bsmart
- JG300-1Bullet

www.bborr.com/home.html

A '65 Corvair at 145 MPH in the unlimited class??? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Engine swap. The top of the line Corsa was a 164 c.i. of 180 H.P. with a side-draft carb and turbocharger.

Swaps for V8's were popular, if not common, back in the day, or this guy might have gone more exotic with a salvaged later model Porche engine.

#11: Re: Didn't know Ascout was Swedish Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:24 pm
    ----
must share this, I was sitting behind a Corvair at a traffic light in the early seventies and when the light changed the guy gunned it and the engine literally fell out of the car onto the ground. When I finally stopped laughing I pulled around him and went home. Haven't been able to look at one without smiling since then.

#12: Re: Didn't know Ascout was Swedish Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:22 pm
    ----
Ahhhh..., I've done something similar on a bike and had the exhaust partially drop off as I was overtaking him.
Late evening, sparks everywhere.
*sigh!*

-> Officer's Club