Update for the Gen. Patton Memorial Museum, Chiriaco Summit
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Update for the Gen. Patton Memorial Museum, Chiriaco Summit Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:13 am
    ----
I was at the Gen. Patton Museum located at Chiriaco Summit yesterday. I'll post pics with s/n's Tuesday night but in the meantime, here's the headcount of armor:

M60A1: 16, 8 within the fence and 8 outside the fence behind the museum.
M47: 3
M4 Composite: 1
M26A1 Pershing: 1
M578: 1
T55 Firefighter conversion: 1
76mm Sherman turret: 1

Assorted other vehicles/pieces include a couple of Deuces, a DUKW, and a Japanese 47mm anti-tank gun.

There are no M48's and the M5A1 Stuart is gone. A friend of mine is going to look into the whereabouts of the Stuart.

#2: Re: Update for the Gen. Patton Memorial Museum, Chiriaco Summit Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:58 am
    ----
Hi,

That sounds pretty much like what was there two or so years ago. I don't recall a Stuart or any M48s at all, though. When was the last time you had a confirmed sighting of them at that location? I'd like to know where the Stuart went, for sure.

C

#3: Re: Update for the Gen. Patton Memorial Museum, Chiriaco Summit Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:21 pm
    ----
- C_Sherman
Hi,

That sounds pretty much like what was there two or so years ago. I don't recall a Stuart or any M48s at all, though. When was the last time you had a confirmed sighting of them at that location? I'd like to know where the Stuart went, for sure.

C

When I was there in Sept. '05, there was a M5A1 Stuart there. I took about 100+ pics of it. There weren't any M48's there but some are listed on the 2008 version of the register.

#4: Re: Update for the Gen. Patton Memorial Museum, Chiriaco Summit Author: Neil_BaumgardnerLocation: Arlington, VA PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:01 am
    ----
Thanks Chris, looking forward to the pictures!

Neil

-> AFV News Discussion Board