Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;)
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:17 pm
    ----
Michel,

if you intend to visit again the Overloon museum (which is a fabulous place to visit), I would be very glad if you accept to :
-find the serial number on the FT-17 manufacturer's plate and take a picture.
-find, if possible, the serial number on the rear tow lugs of the M4A4 which is being loaded on the M26 Dragon Wagon.
-take close-up pictures of the Direct Vision slots on both early M4A4s that are displayed at Overloon (the Crab and the M4A4 being loaded on the M26).

Pictures like this would be the finest I could get :

thanks in advance

Pierre-Olivier

#2: Re: Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:26 pm
    ----
P-O

you got me worried for an moment when I saw the title Wink

- the picture of the FT-17 serial plate should be possible

- the serial number on the rear tow lugs of the loaded M4A4, I will give it an try
I don't know if how well the paint is at that spot

- close-up picture's of the Direct vision slots;
The M4A4 Crab will not be an problem, because it is with in reach.
The M4A4 loaded onto the the Dragon wagon, that's an different thing. I will try to figure out an solution, however I think the picture's of this Sherman will be from the side instead of from the top

Are there any other request Confused

Michel

#3: Re: Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:43 pm
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
Are there any other request Confused

well, I would have asked you to trace the wiring of a particular switch through the hull of a particular tank, but this request was already done by Kurt Laughlin Wink

P-O

#4: Re: Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:55 pm
    ----
that is an good thing that Kurt is solving that, what ever that may be Confused Confused

However perhaps some one else also has something that he or she (you never know Wink ) would like to see picture's from

Michel

#5: Re: Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:48 pm
    ----

If this is what you mean, it is nr 788.18, same as the painted number

Serialnumber of the Crab (s/n 5230)
(no picture of the direct vision slots of this one)

#6: Re: Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:52 pm
    ----
Lesley,

for the M4A4 Crab, I had the SN 5330 with a question mark, that means it was difficult to read on the tow lug. Are you sure it is 5230?

Pierre-Olivier

#7: Re: Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:31 pm
    ----
Hello Pierre-Olivier,
If you like I can send you the full sized one via a PM. At first I wasn't sure either about the number.

I tried to upload it here but then you see nothing of the number.

I took some pictures of those vision slots, not the ones you asked, but maybe still interested?

Regards,
Lesley

#8: Re: Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:01 pm
    ----
Okay, something can be dropped from the list

Most likely I will take picture's of it anyway, even if it's just for me own collection Cool

Michel

#9: Re: Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;) Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:33 pm
    ----
- L.Delsing
Hello Pierre-Olivier,
If you like I can send you the full sized one via a PM. At first I wasn't sure either about the number.

I tried to upload it here but then you see nothing of the number.

I took some pictures of those vision slots, not the ones you asked, but maybe still interested?

Regards,
Lesley

Lesley,

yes please, I would like to see what you have in your collection, regarding the Direct Vision slots.
I think I have the same sort of picture (same light and distance) of the same M4A4 Crab tow lug, and the second number could be a 2 or a 3, I'm not sure.

P-O

#10: Re: Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:36 am
    ----
Some Sherman hatches. The other request (serials) was not possible because of the fences around the vehicles.

#11: Re: Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:48 am
    ----
Some inside shot of one of the T-34s

According to the speedometer it only drove 1140 km

#12: Re: Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;) Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:54 am
    ----
IS-2 casting numbers?

And the side of the turret

#13: Re: Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:22 pm
    ----
Lesley,

you mist some numbers
There are also numbers at the rear of the turret next to the MG

Does some one know anything about the history of this tank Confused
On the right side of the turret are 2 small holes, 1 just above the turret base the other just above the pistol port
Both going through the armor plate

Michel

#14: Re: Requests for Michel Krauss visit to Overloon ;) Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:31 am
    ----
- the_shadock
Michel,

if you intend to visit again the Overloon museum (which is a fabulous place to visit), I would be very glad if you accept to :
-find the serial number on the FT-17 manufacturer's plate and take a picture.
-find, if possible, the serial number on the rear tow lugs of the M4A4 which is being loaded on the M26 Dragon Wagon.
-take close-up pictures of the Direct Vision slots on both early M4A4s that are displayed at Overloon (the Crab and the M4A4 being loaded on the M26).

Pictures like this would be the finest I could get :

thanks in advance

Pierre-Olivier

P.-O. - I just came across this thread (actually via a Google search). I've no idea if it's still of interest to you, but this picture is of one of the Crab direct vision slots:

preservedtanks.com/Ima...mp;Page=16

-> AFV News Discussion Board