New Museum in Bastogne
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: New Museum in Bastogne Author: WalterLocation: Arnhem PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:45 pm
    ----
Indeed a great idea to put everything WW2 related in a new Museum. But as I heard on the news ,there is a chance that when they open it is no longer Belgium
There is a chance that Belgium will splitt up.
But that's politics and not for this forum

Walter

#17: Re: New Museum in Bastogne Author: L.Delsing PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:00 pm
    ----
In that case I welcome our southern neighbours back in the great Dutch empire Mr. Green Mr. Green

The cooperation between the units at Leopoldsburg (BEL) and Oirschot (NLD) is already very good.

#18: Re: New Museum in Bastogne Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:07 pm
    ----
You guys just keep your eyes on Luxembourg...they're just biding their time until the opportunity comes along to swallow you whole.

#19: Re: New Museum in Bastogne Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:37 pm
    ----
Had to be in Bastogne today, so I went looking for the vehicles already there. Good news is that the vehicles are stored under a roof, bad news no sign of museum activities.
Vehicles already there are: JS-3, T34/85, Mathilda, ferret, renault UE, G13, Humber armoured car ( all from Brussels),
M4A4(75), M4(105) (from Marche-en-Famenne),
StuG, Chaffee, Sherman Vc, M5A1 Stuart (from Kapellen),
M4A1(75)W, Locust, M16 Halftrack, M26 Pershing (from Vissenaken).
Tichenor

Last edited by Tichenor on Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

#20: Re: New Museum in Bastogne Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:41 pm
    ----
There were two Renault UE in Brussels. One in french configuration, another one with german modifications for an MG. Are they both in Bastogne? Any gun or only AFVs?

Massimo

#21: Re: New Museum in Bastogne Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:13 pm
    ----
Massimo

Its the french one, seems they are cleaning the court carre in Brussels out.

Tichenor

#22: Re: New Museum in Bastogne Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:16 pm
    ----
Some picture from Bastogne:

tichenor

#23: Re: New Museum in Bastogne Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:11 am
    ----
- Tichenor
seems they are cleaning the court carre in Brussels out.

As we said before, that's not necessarily a bad thing, the space available for AFVs in Brussels was pretty limited. If they cover the court and limit the collection to post-war vehicles it will be a good step ahead.

On the other hand, it will take years before we see anything open to the public in Bastogne. In the meantime many valuable vehicles will be hidden in a depot and away from volunteers and Museum's crew. Sad

Hope the transition period will not last too long.

Massimo

PS Travelling to Brussels is also easier/cheaper, at least for me Crying or Very sad

#24: Re: New Museum in Bastogne Author: TichenorLocation: Antwerp PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:37 pm
    ----
A new episode in the soap around the museum in Bastogne. The governement has decided that the Heinz Barracks are a perfect place to be used as a refuge center. About 500 refugees will be located there. How this will effect the futur museum??? No idee.

However this weekend will be the remembrance weekend in Bastogne, like last year we will be there with the Priest. It gives me a chance to look whats going on with the museum plans. Weatherforcast says 50 cm snow there Neutral

Michel

#25: Re: New Museum in Bastogne Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:00 pm
    ----
Look forwards to the pictures! It'll resemble '44!
A few pictures taken by Adrian Scott of his M3 in the snow were posted on the HMVF forums.
hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/sho...ht=%2Bsnow
Members' only, but P-O probably has the skills to repost them here!

#26: Re: New Museum in Bastogne Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:53 pm
    ----
- Pzkpfw-e
Members' only, but P-O probably has the skills to repost them here!

well, the only way is to republish these pics on my own website and then to publish them here..
but that's a copyright violation.

Pierre-Olivier

-> AFV News Discussion Board