Munitions Panzer 39t
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Munitions Panzer 39t Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:00 pm
    ----
Took the time today to also check out the Munitions Panzer 38t. This vehicle is one of the original vehicles which became the Patton Museum in 1948. It will be leaving Ft Knox at some point in the near future. Crying or Very sad

Regards
Don

#2: Re: Munitions Panzer 39t Author: Smashy PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:18 pm
    ----
Presumably its this one?

#3: Re: Munitions Panzer 39t Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:37 pm
    ----
Smashy

Yes, that is how it looked, 'back in the day'....

I believe it is the sole survivor in the world. It is just one of several rare survivors that 'was' the pride of the Patton Museum collection, soon to be dispersed to numerous institutions in the U.S., not just to be shipped to Ft Benning.

Regards
Don

#4: Re: Munitions Panzer 39t Author: Smashy PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:28 pm
    ----
Has anyone compiled a list yet of what will actually be at the Fort Benning museum? ( I know someone told me the name but I have forgotten it)

#5: Re: Munitions Panzer 39t Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:11 pm
    ----
The Ft Benning list is a project ongoing. It is constantly changing for many different reasons.

Suffice is to say, not all the vehicles which have been in the Patton Museum collection over the years, will be going to Ft Benning.

It will be years before this whole mess is clear. I'm gonna be here, trying to keep track of it all as it occurs.

Regards
Don

#6: Re: Munitions Panzer 39t Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:21 am
    ----
Don, is the Library still open, will it be moving later?

#7: Re: Munitions Panzer 39t Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:47 am
    ----
I'm not sure what the official status of the Library is currently.

I'd say if you are interested in a visitation, to contact Candice. She is the POC for everything there, as you well know.

As for the Library moving, it will also move to Ft Benning, eventually......

Regards
Don

#8: Re: Munitions Panzer 39t Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:03 pm
    ----
Thanks

-> AFV News Discussion Board