Incomplete manual Die Tankbüchse (Tb. 41)
-> Artillery Forum

#1: Incomplete manual Die Tankbüchse (Tb. 41) Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:18 am
    ----
Dear Friends,
I have an incomplete manual anti-tank guns Switzerland: Die Tankbüchse (Tb. 41), in which there is no information on the muzzle velocity ammunition.

Please help.

#2: Re: Incomplete manual Die Tankbüchse (Tb. 41) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:05 am
    ----
Are you referring to the 24mm weapon? Does it matches this pictures?
www.flickr.com/photos/...088553191/

Massimo

#3: Re: Incomplete manual Die Tankbüchse (Tb. 41) Author: JiriTinteraLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:03 pm
    ----
Yes, caliber 24mm (24x138 mm). Alleged product Waffenfabrik Bern. Allegedly, several versions of the models 1938 and 1941.

P. S.
Thank you for the link to the beautiful photographs.

#4: Re: Incomplete manual Die Tankbüchse (Tb. 41) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:27 pm
    ----
Yes, it was produced by Waffenfabrik Bern. It's basically the same weapon used on Pz 39 (LTL-H).
Among my pictures on Flickr you can see a later version at Full Museum too:
www.flickr.com/photos/...088553191/

Solothurn Museum has one:
www.flickr.com/photos/...866330321/

Another gun is in Schaffausen Museum, behind an Universal 1000 sidecar:

The sidecar/gun combo is visible also in Burgdorf, inside Armeemuseum's depot (I took pictures earlier this month, but they aren't ready yet).

I can't help you on the manual, sorry. I suggest you try and contact Armeemuseum:
www.armeemuseum.ch

Hope it will help

Massimo

#5: Re: Incomplete manual Die Tankbüchse (Tb. 41) Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:15 pm
    ----
Hi folks,

I have been searching at some Swiss (German speaking) websites and there is some info

The Swiss Armee Museum has an small article (german only) about the rifle, stating that the last version, Type III has an velocity of 900 m/s

www.armeemuseum.ch/upl...ehr_02.pdf

Michel

-> Artillery Forum