Post WWI rare US artillery or semi-rare List
-> Artillery Forum

#1: Post WWI rare US artillery or semi-rare List Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:16 pm
    ----
Hello everyone I’m starting this list of post WWI rare or semi-rare, US artillery, please add anything you might have. This is my list so far of rare pieces. As you can see I’m just getting started….when we reach 60 I will repost the Access list.

37mm AA Guns
75mm gun 1920’s
75mm M51 Skysweeper AA
76mm AT Guns
90mm AT guns
90mm AA Guns fixed and mobile
105mm AT Gun
105mm M3 Howitzer
120mm AA Gun M1
155mm Long Toms, not 8inch Howitzers
280mm M65 Atom Gun
914mm Mortar David

3" AA guns fixed and mobile
4.7’ M1921M1 gun
4.7” SP Gun

#2: Re: Post WWI rare US artillery or semi-rare List Author: BB-61Location: Yuma, AZ PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:12 am
    ----
armyjunk2,

Do you want to include:
155mm GPF
155mm Schneider

BB-61

#3: Re: Post WWI rare US artillery or semi-rare List Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:25 pm
    ----
Hi BB, those are on the WWI list, as of today we have 146 of them on Dick Popes list. If you know of any let me know and I will see if they are on the list and always can use a new pic even if they are on the list. Thanks

#4: Re: Post WWI rare US artillery or semi-rare List Author: BB-61Location: Yuma, AZ PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:40 am
    ----
- armyjunk2
Hi BB, those are on the WWI list, as of today we have 146 of them on Dick Popes list. If you know of any let me know and I will see if they are on the list and always can use a new pic even if they are on the list. Thanks

Hi armyjunk2,

Where do I find this list? I seached the forum and I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

BB-61

#5: Re: Post WWI rare US artillery or semi-rare List Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:13 pm
    ----
BB, you have PM look in your box

#6: Re: Post WWI rare US artillery or semi-rare List Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:25 pm
    ----
okay to add to the list for the Netherlands;

Liberty Park musuem, Overloon
1x 57mm AT gun M1
90mm M1A1 Anti Aircraft Gun
155mm Gun M1A1 on carriage M1 Long Tom

Wings of Liberation museum, Best;
also present
1x M115 8 inch howitzer

Army Cars, Zwijndrecht
90mm M1A1 Anti Aircraft Gun

private collections
also present
1x M115 8 inch howitzer

I have photo's of almost all the listed above, so if you need picture's let me know

Michel

#7: Re: Post WWI rare US artillery or semi-rare List Author: binder001 PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:31 pm
    ----
Another "rare" item to add to your list might include the M2 limber for the 155mm Gun or 8in Howitzer. Almost all the display guns in the USA have the Limber M5, I can only think of one right now that has the M2 limber (the Long Tom at the USS Alabama display).

Gary B.

#8: Re: Post WWI rare US artillery or semi-rare List Author: armyjunk2 PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:29 pm
    ----
TY Gary

#9: Re: Post WWI rare US artillery or semi-rare List Author: dogtagsLocation: East Central Wisconsin PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:54 pm
    ----
I know of 3 155mm Guns privatley owned in the United States:
John Bizal - Midwest Military - Prior Lake, MN
Kevin Kronlund - Army Cars USA - Spooner, WI
Private Owner - Albany, NY

~Robert

#10: Re: Post WWI rare US artillery or semi-rare List Author: toadmanstankpictures PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:06 pm
    ----
There are 2 M3 105mm howitzers at the USAR Center off of Hedding St. in San Jose, CA. They are located across the street from my office.

#11: Re: Post WWI rare US artillery or semi-rare List Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:41 am
    ----
Hi AJ! Hi Folks!

Do you have the M65 Atomic Cannon with transporters at the Albuquerque, NM Atomic Museum?

There where two 75mm Automatic Sky Sweepers here at Ft. Bliss, TX.
One was shipped to Ft. Still, OK. and one is still here. Both are in bad shape, missing a lot of parts.

90 mm AAA guns:
Ft. Bliss has one M2 90 mm AAA out in front of the musuem.
A M1 and a complete M2, that had been restored by a private owner, where shipped to Ft. Still, OK.

Ft. Bliss did have a restored 120mm AAA gun that was shipped to Ft. Still.

Sorry about not posting photos or links, for some reason, I can't get the photos or links to post to this DG.

Sgt, Scouts Out!

-> Artillery Forum