FX9 Troubles
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> FS2004

#16: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:05 pm
    ----
Mr Ascout. I have a rudder kick too and it seem to be associated with clouds, or the scenery levels set to the higher settings. If I choose clear skies and don't have my scenery level on high I don't have the problem except when a cloud pops up.

I'm not so worried about the adobe thingy although I wonder why it happened, I do want to fly FS9. Do Ya'll think I should re install it?

#17: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:21 pm
    ----
don't know if it's pertinent but in looking for a fix for you guys several forums suggest that FS9 must be installed before FSX or problems will result or you can wait for MSFlight to come out Smile

news.cnet.com/8301-138...15-56.html

looks too good to be true

#18: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:05 pm
    ----
- piney
don't know if it's pertinent but in looking for a fix for you guys several forums suggest that FS9 must be installed before FSX or problems will result or you can wait for MSFlight to come out Smile

news.cnet.com/8301-138...15-56.html

looks too good to be true

For sure mine were both installed before FSX.

I'll try adjusting my scenery settings down some, I'm pretty much at max.

#19: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:10 am
    ----
Did That help?

I found out that all my downloaded aircraft and scenery files that were changed to adobe files can be changed back by clicking the left mouse button and selecting open with. I chose internet explorer and that changed them all to that. Now I need to know what to open them with and select the correct program and maybe that will change them all back to the right format.

#20: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:34 am
    ----
Well I'll be darned, It's fixed Shocked . Let me go back to the problem. My default flight is a flight from dfw to honolulu in the boeing 777. When I start flying the aircraft went into a turn and all imputs on the joystick did nothing. Thats the reason I thought the stick was bad.
After I flew in FSX and the stick worked I knew I had a problem in FS9.
So I tried a different plane the FA18 on the ground. The same thing happened. 3/4 throttle full ailerons and no elevator control. I tried several aircraft (stock and addon) with the same results.
I checked my FS9 download folder by chance and all my folders were converted to adobe???? NOpe I don't know how that happened. I could not open them with adobe. so i right clicked on them and selected open with -Internet explorer. I knew that was not right but neither is adobe. I opened fs9 flew the default and the plane flew fine.
I DLed the free trial version of winzip.
Opened the WOP Spit with it, started FS9 changed planes in the default flight to the spit and it worked fine.
I changed planes to the ME109 (flight replicas) and it worked.

The short flights with clouds, Mr Ascout, produced no rudder kick so far.
So what do ya'll think happened??? Confused Confused

#21: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:27 am
    ----
you corrected the file associations, hence it's working again, hence I reffered to Adobe Air in my previuos posts

glad to hear it's solved the issue for you

#22: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:43 pm
    ----
- JG300-1Bullet
Did That help?

I found out that all my downloaded aircraft and scenery files that were changed to adobe files can be changed back by clicking the left mouse button and selecting open with. I chose internet explorer and that changed them all to that. Now I need to know what to open them with and select the correct program and maybe that will change them all back to the right format.

I looked in my folders and don't see any Adobe association indications. Is there something special I should be looking for or some clicking action I should take?

#23: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:10 pm
    ----
Alltough not fs9 the handling of the file type should be similar, attached a few screenies as to the how and what of changing the file association

#24: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:14 pm
    ----
Fled,

I don't get it...my folders don't even give me an "open with" option under files....only "files" do. My display looks nothing like yours do. My system is Windows XP, I think. I can, of course, click on folders and open them to subfolders, and down to files, which does give me the option to select a program with which to open. There is not an option for "setting default" like your display, but is does say 'Notepad" is recommended. How do I tell what it's actually using? I don't see "Adobe Air" as one of the options anyway, just Adobe Reader.

Ascout

#25: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:37 pm
    ----
Hi Doug,

if you rightclick the file then it should give the option "open with" then select to open it with "notepad" and not sure if XP has that option but you should be able to associate this file type with "notepad" this so "Adobe" doesn't take over again and garbles things up

#26: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:11 am
    ----
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. I went into both programs, opened one aircraft and made "notepad" the default for opening aircraft config files. Problem, she is-a sol-ved.

#27: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:49 pm
    ----
- JG300-Ascout
Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner. I went into both programs, opened one aircraft and made "notepad" the default for opening aircraft config files. Problem, she is-a sol-ved.

COOL DEAL. NOW GET TO FLYING!!

#28: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:46 pm
    ----
Great to hear your "issues" are solved fella's !

fled
Cool

#29: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: JG300-1BulletLocation: Odessa, Texas PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:28 pm
    ----
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP FLED.

#30: Re: FX9 Troubles Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:06 pm
    ----
no worries

-> FS2004