Tank Days in Lesany Military Technical Museum
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: Tank Days in Lesany Military Technical Museum Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:44 pm
    ----
- Koluchiy
Where is Pz.IV? Smile

img819.imageshack.us/i...0/is2m.jpg

Why IS-2M? IS-2.

Yeah, you're right. It's rather "IS-2 model 1944" Smile I was referring to that flat front armor on the hull. As I've just discovered it's a common mistake in west literature to designate it as "IS-2m" and the early model with "stepped" front armor on the hull just as "IS-2" (which is in museum's collection as well). My bad Smile So "IS-2M" refers just to modernization program from the 50's, right?

Btw I've heard, that the main problem why it's still in pink color is, that in the case of restoration, the Russian's would want to take that tank back to the Russia, since it's said that it's some kind of rare type of IS-2 for them. I'd personally say that they just don't like what we did with it and what does it mean for some people.

Oh and here's the Pz.IV ausf.J Smile

- Doug_Kibbey
Out of deference to those members still on dialup, would you be so good as to start additional threads after posting in groups of no more than ten?

Sure, I'll keep it in mind next time, thx Smile

#17: Re: Tank Days in Lesany Military Technical Museum Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:27 pm
    ----
[quote="Adamicz"]
- Koluchiy
Where is Pz.IV? Smile

Btw I've heard, that the main problem why it's still in pink color is, that in the case of restoration, the Russian's would want to take that tank back to the Russia, since it's said that it's some kind of rare type of IS-2 for them. I'd personally say that they just don't like what we did with it and what does it mean for some people.

The Czech people paid in full for any Russian tanks on their soil.

-> AFV News Discussion Board