M47s - For Trevor
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: M47s - For Trevor Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:00 am
    ----
Trevor,

Bad news. When I started looking through my pics, there are actually three M47s at Chiriaco Summit.

Next to the front fence:

The serial on this one was on the front tow lug, but was mostly illegible. 9xx45 was all of the number I could decipher.

Inside the grounds:

[img]http://www.com-central.net/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10540/normal_m47_pattonmusca_61274_001w%7E0.jpg[/img]

The serial 61274 was on the rebuild plate.

And this one was outside the fence in back, with the dying M60A1s:

I couldn't find any serial # on this sled, but I don't recall looking too hard. It was getting dark and I was trying to hurry through all the M60A1s parked around the back.

These are also all in my album.

Chuck

#2: Re: M47s - For Trevor Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:37 pm
    ----
Thanks, Chuck! I've started an entry for Chiriaco and added these photo's, plus information from this and other threads on this forum:

Location ID 54400: Chiriaco Summit

Pictures of the other vehicles there also gratefully appreciated.

#3: Re: M47s - For Trevor Author: JeffStringer PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:04 pm
    ----
I'm really enjoying all these M47 pics. Loved the tank ever since the movie Battle of the Bulge came out. Razz

- Jeff

#4: Re: M47s - For Trevor Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:55 pm
    ----
- JeffStringer
I'm really enjoying all these M47 pics. Loved the tank ever since the movie Battle of the Bulge came out. :P

- Jeff

That's great to hear!

Chuck, please give me dates for when those pictures were taken, they seem to have no date information in them. Thanks.

#5: Re: M47s - For Trevor Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:20 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
- JeffStringer
I'm really enjoying all these M47 pics. Loved the tank ever since the movie Battle of the Bulge came out. Razz

- Jeff

That's great to hear!

Chuck, please give me dates for when those pictures were taken, they seem to have no date information in them. Thanks.

These were taken in November of 2006.

If I have time, next time I'm past there I'll try to update on what is still there.

Chuck

#6: Re: M47s - For Trevor Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:18 pm
    ----
That would be great (btw, I'm about to go away for a few days, so I'll finish Chiriaco when I get back).

#7: Re: M47s - For Trevor Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:32 pm
    ----
- C_Sherman

These were taken in November of 2006.

If I have time, next time I'm past there I'll try to update on what is still there.

Chuck

Thanks - dates fixed. I've also added some pictures (with reuse rights) I found on Flickr.

Location ID 54400: Chiriaco Summit

-> AFV News Discussion Board