G-13 Tank Destroyer M+78071
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: G-13 Tank Destroyer M+78071 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:12 pm
    ----
Hello,

I received an email from Ronald Jongeling today, which says:

"Please find attached some pictures we took of a G-13 which arrived at our Terminal on Monday. The Tank has been donated from Zwitserland to the Royal Tank Museum KADD in Jordania. We have lifted the tank from an inland vessel and it will be driven onto a Car Carrier next week.

According to the supplier, the tank is in running condition. It is armed with the PAK 40 - 75mm gun and has a Saurer V8 Diesel engine. The chassis is marked with 64, ex no M+78071.

Hope you can use the pictures and info.

Met vriendelijke groet, / Best regards

Ronald Jongeling"

who was aware of this?

Pierre-Olivier

#2: Re: G-13 Tank Destroyer M+78071 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:22 pm
    ----
I wasn't aware of it at all... I am going to write to Tobias Haudenschild and see if he knows more.

Massimo

#3: Re: G-13 Tank Destroyer M+78071 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:10 pm
    ----
Got an answer from Tobias:

The G-13 for Jordania has been reserved for some years and has now finally been shipped. I'll keep you on the runnig with further information. Till now I only know that the M+ number has been changed in some way.

Massimo

#4: Re: G-13 Tank Destroyer M+78071 Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:19 am
    ----
P-O, could I put these pictures on PreservedTanks.com?

#5: Re: G-13 Tank Destroyer M+78071 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:29 am
    ----
- TrevorLarkum
P-O, could I put these pictures on PreservedTanks.com?

Trevor,

I think so, Ronald Jongeling doesn't seem to care about copyright issues. In one of his emails, he said "hope you can use the pictures and info", that would mean he wants his photos to appear somewhere on the internet. If you wish to contact him and ask about permission, I can forward you his personal email address.

Pierre-Olivier

#6: Re: G-13 Tank Destroyer M+78071 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:29 am
    ----
Just got additional details from Tobias Haudenschild:

The tank has once carried the number 78071 but it's last was 78196

That number matches a tank seen in Thun a few years ago.

Massimo

#7: Re: G-13 Tank Destroyer M+78071 Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:31 pm
    ----
Massimo,

I've removed M-78196 from the register (I had an "old" picture dating from 2004 and showing it running through a street, at that moment it was still part of the Armeemuseum Burgdorf) and replaced it with M-78071.

Pierre-Olivier

#8: Re: G-13 Tank Destroyer M+78071 Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:48 am
    ----
Yes, I remember that picture and I know the guy who took it (he is a swiss/italian reenactor). Back at the time the tank was in Thun.

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board