Time for CEVs!
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Time for CEVs! Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:46 am
    ----
Hi,

I'm just going to throw all the M728s up here, and you can sort out which you are interested in!

First, here's the Ft McCoy example (Ser# 229), found in the museum yard:

Next up, the Ft Irwin example (Ser# 71). This was located off of B Ave. near 7th Street.

I've never seen this before:

And last but not least, the example at Ft Lewis (Ser# 75), outside the (temporarily closed) museum:

That's all I've got at the moment...enjoy!

Chuck

#2: Re: Time for CEVs! Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:55 pm
    ----
- C_Sherman
Hi,

I'm just going to throw all the M728s up here, and you can sort out which you are interested in!

Next up, the Ft Irwin example (Ser# 71). This was located off of B Ave. near 7th Street.

Chuck

Cheers Chuck - I've added the picture of the Fort Irwin M728, and the Irwin M60s in your album, to the Fort Irwin entry and that has filled a number of gaps:

Location ID 54300: Fort Irwin

What has me a bit confused is that Neil lists a single M728 there in his register, but with serial 893. I guess there may actually be two there, since the serials seem too different to confuse.

Many thanks

T

#3: Re: Time for CEVs! Author: Joe_DLocation: Razorback Country PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:22 pm
    ----
Trevor,

There is only one CEV at Fort Irwin to my knowledge. The pictures Chuck posted of SN 71 are of the same one erroneously assigned SN 893. From what I have figured out so far, only 291 CEV's were produced, 243 from the initial batch, then another 48 much later. Those can be identified by the GEN 4 hulls, previous builds being GEN 2 and 3.

Chuck,

That Chrysler plate was common on GEN 2 hulls used on M60A1, AVLB and CEV's. A lot now just have the mounting boss, the plate being removed over time.

#4: Re: Time for CEVs! Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:14 pm
    ----
Thanks, Jo - amended.

Unique ID 1395: Fort Irwin M728 CEV

#5: Re: Time for CEVs! Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:07 am
    ----
- C_Sherman
Hi,

And last but not least, the example at Ft Lewis (Ser# 75), outside the (temporarily closed) museum:

Chuck

Done, many thanks:

Unique ID 1405: Fort Lewis M728

-> AFV News Discussion Board