File Library Structure Question
-> FSX

#1: File Library Structure Question Author: LTCSZLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:39 pm
    ----
OK, I have been messing with FSX since it came out...I have designed some scenery...Now, after a clean re-install of FSX, I have reloaded everything and nothing is showing up! Here is what I have done...The sceneries I have created are in the "Addon Scenery/Scenery" folder...All of the textures are in the "Addon Scenery/Texture" folder...Now; Where do I put the object libraries and such that are needed in the scenery? I will appreciate any responses, especially if they arrive before I hurt myself...Thanks a lot...

Steve

#2: Re: File Library Structure Question Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:37 pm
    ----
We'll see if Fled can answer that as he's the scenery "guru" around here... Wink

Fled?

#3: Re: File Library Structure Question Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:09 am
    ----
HUH ?

wazzup, I need to sleep ..............zzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZ.

all .bgl files go in your scenery subfolder and the dds and bmp go in the texture subfolder

I'd advice to make a folder with the name of your scenery let's say Steve_ONE and then have two subfolders in there, one called "Scenery" and one called "Texture"

when activating the scenery you just need to point to your just made Steve_ONE folder and Bob's your uncle

and before I forget , never leave blank space in file names or folder names for that matter, mayor source for hickups and PITA's

#4: Re: File Library Structure Question Author: LTCSZLocation: Kansas, USA PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:13 pm
    ----
Thanks for the idea...In the "Steve_One" folder, (Do I put that under "Addon Scenery" or do I create a new folder for it) I need to create two sub-folders, "Scenery" and "Texture"...Got that part...Do I then put the individual scenery and texture folders in the Scenery sub-directory or do I need to split out the .bgl files and texture files individually? (That would be quite a job) Thanks again...

Steve

#5: Re: File Library Structure Question Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:01 am
    ----
sorry for not beeing around, real life sometimes eats my virtual time Sad

drop the Steve_One in the addon folder, also easyer to find back where you left it Wink

-> FSX