Schaffahusen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH)
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Schaffahusen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:08 pm
    ----
I assembled a set of pictures covering AFVs and softskins:
www.flickr.com/photos/...323810174/

Artillery will follow soon

Massimo

Last edited by Massimo_Foti on Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:07 am; edited 2 times in total

#2: Re: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus Author: vagabondLocation: Constantly moving across US PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:36 pm
    ----
Cool bunch of stuff! Thanks for sharing and congrats on the 7D - I'm jealous! Smile

Cheers!
VB

#3: Re: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:01 pm
    ----
Thanks Massimo,

I like the pictures of all the various Jeeps the Swiss used.

Regards,
Hanno

#4: Re: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:22 am
    ----
Last weekend the Museum had a special event with live demos. It was something special because we had tanks running indoor, inside an old factory that used to be a steel foundry. The Museum has been already using and area of the factory to store and display most of its heavy vehicles.

There was a parade of vehicles, running in a sort of chronological order, with a very smart move, whenever a specific vehicle was missing from the Museum's inventory, the gap was filled by inviting "guest" vehicles from somewhere else.

The overall results were pretty good in my opinion. Light conditions during the parade was very problematic, making photography difficult, but the static display allowed for a bunch of quality shots.

Chris was there too, we were both excited since the FT-17 from Thun SHP was announced and expected to run, unfortunately it was the only tank not running, but it's still a pleasure to see it again.

I'll present the vehicles using the same chronological order used for the presentation. We start with the Renault:

Renault FT-17 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#5: Re: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:18 am
    ----

LTL-H M-7522 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#6: Re: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:18 am
    ----

G-13 M-78192 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#7: Re: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:20 am
    ----
The Museum doesn't owns an Universal Carrier, so they invited one from Wildegg Museum to fill the gap. You can see from the picture the Carrier still has good acceleration:

T16 Universal Carrier by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#8: Re: Schaffausen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:05 am
    ----
The Museum doesn't owns an M29, so they invited a private collector. The vehicle doesn't have Swiss Army markings, but it did the job:

M29 Weasel by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#9: Re: Schaffahusen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:09 am
    ----
So far I assumed that all the Swiss Centurions were updated with the 105 mm gun. Unknown to me and most enthusiasts, a couple of tanks with the original 20 pdr gun were hidden in Burgdorf. One has been assigned to the Museum now:

Centurion M-78720 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#10: Re: Tank Day Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:18 pm
    ----
It was a fantastic event. Even a bridge from a Brückenpanzer 68 was layed over a big cooling hole (used to cool down the tank chassis after the casting process).

Great location, always a smell of petrol perfume in the air Smile but difficult light conditions.

I've uploaded some pics too, mine are taken with more motion movement. And withouth the description signs Wink

Panzerjäger G13 M+78192 - Swiss Army von wheelsandtracks.com auf Flickr

#11: Re: Schaffahusen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:41 pm
    ----
I like that G-13 picture. I took a few shots during the parade, but i am not that happy about my results.

Massimo

#12: Re: Schaffahusen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:37 pm
    ----

AMX-13 M-78309 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#13: Re: Schaffahusen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:07 am
    ----

M109 M-76073 by Massimo Foti, on Flickr

#14: Re: Schaffahusen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:41 am
    ----
... I just uploaded some more pics:
www.flickr.com/photos/...sandtracks

Centurion M+78720 - Swiss Army von wheelsandtracks.com auf Flickr

#15: Re: Schaffahusen. Museum im Zeughaus (CH) Author: zemsiLocation: Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:29 am
    ----
... my last pics are online. Here a "famous Machine Gunner" Wink

M113 Kranpanzer M+74657 - Swiss Army von wheelsandtracks.com auf Flickr

-> AFV News Discussion Board