Tiger I replica under construction in Germany.
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Tiger I replica under construction in Germany. Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:08 pm
    ----
I know this subject has been up before but I came across some fairly new photos of the replica build today. You have to admire the dedication and attention to detail, very impressive! Let me know if anyone needs a recap on the history of the build.

#2: Re: Tiger I replica under construction in Germany. Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:39 pm
    ----
WOW !! That is amazing.

Now thats a 1-1 scale model !!

Any links I can pass on to interested individuals?

Thanks for the post
Regards
Don

#3: Re: Tiger I replica under construction in Germany. Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:26 pm
    ----
Hi,

I'm curious about the colors of the paint. How confident are we that those colors are accurate?

I ask because the colors are much more vibrant and deeper than can be discerned in contemporary photos. I'm not suggesting that they are inaccurate, just that period photos didn't seem to capture the colors well. If those colors are accurate in hue and depth, then it means that these vehicles were far more colorful than we might otherwise think!

Chuck

#4: Re: Tiger I replica under construction in Germany. Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:51 pm
    ----
- Dontos
WOW !! That is amazing.

Now thats a 1-1 scale model !!

Any links I can pass on to interested individuals?

Thanks for the post
Regards
Don

The only links I've seen so far are in German, this one turns out at least readable with Google translator:

Stern coverage of the Tiger replica build in German

There are a couple of videos as well:

Google video, early.

YouTube video with engine start

WDR news coverage in German.

#5: Re: Tiger I replica under construction in Germany. Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:56 pm
    ----
- C_Sherman
Hi,

I'm curious about the colors of the paint. How confident are we that those colors are accurate?

I ask because the colors are much more vibrant and deeper than can be discerned in contemporary photos. I'm not suggesting that they are inaccurate, just that period photos didn't seem to capture the colors well. If those colors are accurate in hue and depth, then it means that these vehicles were far more colorful than we might otherwise think!

Chuck

The builder states (in the Stern article in above post) that he is as accurate as can be, with only the correct blend for RAL 7028 really missing.

#6: Re: Tiger I replica under construction in Germany. Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:59 pm
    ----
interresting article of Stern

What supprized me, is the part about the original drawings
Apperently an lot of it is still classified as being "top secret" because of the military origins of the design and some of the design features are still in use for modern tank designs Neutral

Michel

-> AFV News Discussion Board