Free Face Tracking - or TrackIR without additional hardware
-> FSX

#1: Free Face Tracking - or TrackIR without additional hardware Author: SnorreLocation: Ziegenhain, Germany PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:08 pm
    ----
For those of us who don't want to spent a lot of money for TrackIR, this is a cheap alternative, because all you need is a webcam:

facetracknoir.sourcefo...efault.htm

Make sure to download the latest Beta-Version, it includes the files for the FSX.

It tried it and it works. Since I only have a build-in webcam in my laptop I cannot judge how it works with a standard webcam, but with the laptop its a bit shaky but useable....

#2: Re: Free Face Tracking - or TrackIR without additional hardware Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:54 am
    ----
Thanks Gunter, you know how I like FREE stuff...

I'm downloading it now, and hopefully will get to try it out before tomorrows flight... Smile

#3: Re: Free Face Tracking - or TrackIR without additional hardware Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:30 pm
    ----
if that doesnt work, this may (but it is said to need some 'skills' to set up)...

Free Track

I am trying NOIR first also..

#4: Re: Free Face Tracking - or TrackIR without additional hardware Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:51 pm
    ----
Hi Slow and yep, Gunter and I have been talking about Free Track as well. I want to get this FTrack built and if all goes well, document the process as instruction for all here at CC. Wink

There's quite a few vid's on YouTube for FreeTrack and from what I can tell, isn't hard to build, but setting it up takes some time.

-> FSX