Any ideas about this?
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Any ideas about this? Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:58 pm
    ----
www.flickr.com/photos/...468687137/
www.travelpost.com/pho...mid=140434
Claims to be an Italian Tank. Looks more like a 'dozer or a tractor of some sort to me.
It's at "Rommel's Bunker", Tripoli.
It looks like the very sad remains of "Lady be Good" maybe there too.
www.travelpost.com/pho...mid=140433

#2: Re: Any ideas about this? Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:17 pm
    ----
Not an italian tank for sure. The gun in the background is an italian 149/35

Massimo

#3: Re: Any ideas about this? Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:36 pm
    ----
looks like the sprocket of a Delauney Belleville tank :

(Edited by "Bush") 2nd image removed by request of Danny Levy Sheehan, the original owner of the photo. To see the original photo, Click HERE!

P-O

#4: Re: Any ideas about this? Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:24 am
    ----
Hi,

If I were guessing, I'd say that is the bottom half of a small bulldozer. The plating on the sides looks more like it's intended to keep the dirt off than for armor protection. The tracks look bulldozer-ish to me too.

C

#5: Re: Any ideas about this? Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:29 am
    ----
Those big ol' paddles on the tracks scream "bulldozer" or similar engineer vehicle to me, too. Even though it looks like it would have been useful in loose sand.

#6: Re: Any ideas about this? Author: Rikard_HufschmiedLocation: Stockholm, Sweden PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:41 am
    ----
My guess is an artillery tractor, looked like a Holt at first but it doesn't really quite match.

-> AFV News Discussion Board