Got any ideas?
-> Officer's Club

#1: Got any ideas? Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:22 pm
    ----
NASA asked to come up with Near Earth Object Defense Plan

#2: Re: Got any ideas? Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:36 pm
    ----
I suggest a Really Big Slingshotâ„¢ as having the greatest likelhood of success. It would have the capacity of launching a sizable projectile with the bonus effect that, upon release, would propel the earth in the opposite direction in a degree proportional to the force exerted to launch the anti-missile missile. For added safety, a big stone fougasse could be placed in the bottom of the same pit for a secondary "scattergun" launch with a "second hit" on the equal and opposite reaction effect.

Since we don't know precisely from which side the asteroid will approach, we'll probably need several of them. Talk about a "shovel ready" jobs program!

#3: Re: Got any ideas? Author: pineyLocation: Republic of Southern New Jersey PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:13 pm
    ----
I suggest NASA hire Bruce Willis and a bunch of oil drillers to, ..... uh, wait a minute I think it's been tried

#4: Re: Got any ideas? Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:07 pm
    ----
How about having a skwirrell, really high up.
Then getting all the "tree-varmint-assassins" to shoot at once.
The skwirrell always moves out of the way in time anyway and the compound effect of gravity from all the now erroneous lead will destroy the projectile.
Or, at least, move it aside.

#5: Re: Got any ideas? Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:39 pm
    ----
ROFL...

#6: Re: Got any ideas? Author: KitformLocation: Cleveland. UK. PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:16 pm
    ----
We just need a really big spring...On wheels.

Position the spring under the asteroids plotted impact point...Boooiing...

Job done.
Smile

-> Officer's Club