Computer Crash fix when using high-end addon aircraft
-> FS2004

#1: Computer Crash fix when using high-end addon aircraft Author: RAF92_WarhawkLocation: Houston, TX! PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:17 pm
    ----
Hi everyone,

As you all know, my computer usually tends to crash when using add-on aircraft. I guess I am just putting this here for reference, in case anyone else has the same problem...

If you go to options>Settings>Display.... then click on the Aircraft Tab, turn the "Virtual cockpit gauge quality" down to a low setting.. This should fix your problems, if you still get crashing, turn down your overall graphics to take some stress of your computer...

Woohoo, this is awesome, I can now fly any plane I want!!

#2: Re: Computer Crash fix when using high-end addon aircraft Author: RAF92_STALLIONLocation: Michigan PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:06 am
    ----
My personal goal in life is to have a computer that can run FS9 on full settings for everything! Mr. Green

#3: Re: Computer Crash fix when using high-end addon aircraft Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:00 am
    ----
Cool

Good tip Warhawk ! Thanks !

Stallion,

I would like to suggest that you start saving up now, so that in approx a year or two you'd be able to spend some 3,000 US $ and you'd be on top of things for approx a month or two Wink

kidding there a wee bit, but seriuosly, if you want to achieve that you'd have to dig pretty deep in the wallet for such a system, at the moment I would advice try and wait for some 6-9 months more when all the PCI-Express stuff and according Mobo's are more readely available and also there is a bit more choice amongst that spart.....at the moment that is still pretty much frontier area.

fled
Rolling Eyes

#4: Re: Computer Crash fix when using high-end addon aircraft Author: JG300-HoppaLocation: vernon BC PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:14 pm
    ----
just curious fellas,,,,,although you may not be able to set your display and graphics to maximum I am curious as to how much RAM you are using,,,,sometimes adding that little bit of extra ram can make a surprizing difference and give your processor that little extra bump to keep it all running. and its cheap!!!! I am hardly a computer whiz but I learn as i go and one thing i like to make sure i have alot of is RAM!!!.....I am running a gig of it currently although my motherboard will take 4 gigs. I run all my games at maximum settings and no longer have any problems with framerates except when the choppy ol' lag hits,,,then things get hairy. just to give you an idea of what I run to make this possible as for maybe a reference guide for your future upgrades.....and I imagine I am already outdated with much of my hardware......

I am running 3 gig pent 4 on a pretty high end ABIT motherboard
1gig of ram, and an antec 480 power supply
Radeon 9600xt graphics card and sound blaster audigy gamer sound card

i know most of the other systems out there blow mine outa the water but this is what i run and am able to play any game at max graphics with no chop.......just to give you an idea anyways......

#5: Re: Computer Crash fix when using high-end addon aircraft Author: RAF92_WarhawkLocation: Houston, TX! PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:33 am
    ----
I recently bought a $50 Corsair 512 MB memory stick, which brings me up to a gig. of RAM. Works pretty good for me!

-> FS2004