SDKFZ 251/D found
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:16 pm
    ----
Detektorweb

This site has more, its in Czech or Maybe Slovak languae.

This vehicle need some TLC and many spare parts Smile

#2: Re: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:19 pm
    ----
just some plaster and paint and it will look like new Laughing

Michel

#3: Re: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:34 am
    ----
That body is in the Lesany military museum now. It has been told by museum staff that they're gonna try to build the complete 251, so I guess they may have also some other parts for the 251 already.

#4: Re: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:52 am
    ----
Its just a pity its not a 251 body....

#5: Re: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:33 pm
    ----
Then please enlighten us, what is it?

#6: Re: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:04 pm
    ----
I'll tell you what - you tell everyone why you think its a 251D body...

#7: Re: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: Smashy PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:12 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
Its just a pity its not a 251 body....

I see you spotted it as well Jim.

#8: Re: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: AdamiczLocation: Prague, Czech Republic PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:39 pm
    ----
Of course it's not a 251, it's a chicken.

#9: Re: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:51 pm
    ----
- Adamicz

Well that reduces your creditability to zero Laughing

No seriously, I'm going to have a look at this in January so I'll report back then.

Incidentally if you look closer the images appear to show two different bodies?

#10: Re: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:34 pm
    ----
This may show it more clearly...

#11: Re: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: C_Sherman PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:34 pm
    ----
- JimWeb
- Adamicz

Well that reduces your creditability to zero Laughing

No seriously, I'm going to have a look at this in January so I'll report back then.

Incidentally if you look closer the images appear to show two different bodies?

Jim,

This isn't about credibility, it's about your cryptic replies. I hardly think it is necessary to make us guess at what you mean and what you know, and it's clear that others here feel the same way. If you know and don't want to share, then keep still. If you know and wish to share, just say it.

You have a great deal of knowledge and a great eye for details, and when you contribute without games you are a valuable member of the group. Playing "I-know-something-you-don't-know" just irritates the adults.

Chuck

#12: Re: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: JimWebLocation: The back of beyond PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:55 pm
    ----
- C_Sherman

This isn't about credibility, it's about your cryptic replies. I hardly think it is necessary to make us guess at what you mean and what you know, and it's clear that others here feel the same way. If you know and don't want to share, then keep still. If you know and wish to share, just say it.

You have a great deal of knowledge and a great eye for details, and when you contribute without games you are a valuable member of the group. Playing "I-know-something-you-don't-know" just irritates the adults.

Chuck

Oh dear and there was me thinking I was stimulating the topic by making people think for themselves instead of sitting there blindly accepting what was written on a screen in front of them.

Now I and a few others could sit here and answer every question, correct every image that gets put up and the lazy people would be happy. Improving peoples knowledge is the aim here and making them think & research things themselves is, I thought, the best way to do it - obviously not so I won't bother again.

#13: Re: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:21 pm
    ----
FFS guys, it's a rusty lump of metal.
Looks like the arse end of a '251, doesn't look as much like an '810.
It's on P-O's pdf of 251 too.

#14: Re: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: the_shadockLocation: Normandy, France PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:47 am
    ----
- C_Sherman

Jim,

Chuck

I agree with Chuck.

By the way, when you are at school, teachers usually tell you what mistakes you did, and don't just criticize your work.

They don't put a D- mark on your exam paper and say "now, you have to find your own mistakes by yourself".

- Pzkpfw-e
It's on P-O's pdf of 251 too.

well, that doesn't mean it is a SdKfz 251 rear body.. at least, it looks like it.

P-O

#15: Re: SDKFZ 251/D found Author: VonForhud PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:37 pm
    ----
I just took the part of the text I understood, and rushed to post the news on this board. I am no expert on German Armor or equipment at all.

I too was angered by your response, or angered... I was not happy, but in the spirit of the season I let it slide without coming with a spiteful reply.

I hope you all have a very merry xmas.

-> AFV News Discussion Board