More guns than the Ontos...
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#16: Re: More guns than the Ontos... Author: Hanno_Spoelstra PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:23 am
    ----
- Michel_Krauss
It took some time to find a copy of the Osprey book about the Carrier, perhaps I should find a better location to store it Mr. Green

However the info Perth is giving is not correct

The only thing I could find was a picture's of a vehicle of the Danish army that possible was fitted with a 106mm RR-AT
However it also telling that it could be a dummy barrel and that the vehicle was used training exercises (perhaps OPFOR vehicle Confused )

Michel,

Thanks for looking this up. It is of course difficult for foreigners to keep apart the Dutch and the Danish. And please help me, who speak Deutsch again? Mr. Green

The UC you refer to is most likely the dummy tank based on a Universal Carrier used by the Danish Army. The had them based on the Dodge Weapon Carrier as well. Later they used an M113-based dummy tank. This is done to save wear and tear on the real tanks and the countryside/roads they train on.

Hanno

PS: pictures come from www.armyvehicles.dk/

#17: Re: More guns than the Ontos... Author: Michel_KraussLocation: Zuid-Holland, The Netherlands PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:45 pm
    ----
The vehicle's on these picture's are very similar to the one pictured in the Osprey book

Only the info Osprey is giving is allmost none, there is only a short description of the picture itself

Michel

#18: Re: More guns than the Ontos... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:50 am
    ----
- Hanno_Spoelstra

....It is of course difficult for foreigners to keep apart the Dutch and the Danish.

Thank heavens I've never been guilty of that.

#19: Re: More guns than the Ontos... Author: ceolredmonger PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:50 am
    ----
It certainly looks like the Argentinian recoilless gun 105mm Model 1968 - as also shown on its more usual Unimog mount.

Keith Matthews

#20: Re: More guns than the Ontos... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:14 pm
    ----
That 1950 Ft Benning 'panther' photo has gotten some 'interested individuals' attention.....(!?)

Anyone got anymore information on that??

'Tank spotting' has begun in the land of the 'grunt'...awesome stuff!

-> AFV News Discussion Board