Sinsheim photos
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  :| |:
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: Sinsheim photos Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:36 am
    ----
www.history-of-germany...or&page=0&
Enjoy
(Saves Massimo a trip too!)

#2: Re: Sinsheim photos Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:09 am
    ----
Someone may want to politely advise the webmaster that the Panther is consistently captioned "Panzerkampfwagen IV Panther Tank". Unless there is an intermediate variant of which I'm unaware, this is inconsistent with his captions for the "Panzerkampfwagen IV" vehicle on the same page.

I'm really annoyed with myself that I never set the time aside to visit Sinsheim during my travels.

#3: Re: Sinsheim photos Author: Pzkpfw-e PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:29 am
    ----
His tank ID skills aren't too good, the JagdPanther bears more than a passing resemblance to a StugIII.

#4: Re: Sinsheim photos Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:50 am
    ----
Thank you.

Anybody knows, where is an engine from Ukranian Panther?
It was digged up with engine as I know.

#5: Re: Sinsheim photos Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:05 am
    ----
I think wide-angle lenses are very valuable inside AFV museums, but it looks like the photographer went too wide on many of those shots.

Massimo

#6: Re: Sinsheim photos Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:33 pm
    ----
Hi Folks!

Nice web site, thanks for the link. It not to bad, there are only two mistakes?

I love that model collection. I think I have most of those kits, now I just need to build them!

Sgt, Scouts Out!

#7: Re: Sinsheim photos Author: TrevorLarkumLocation: Northampton, England PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:56 pm
    ----
- Massimo_Foti
I think wide-angle lenses are very valuable inside AFV museums, but it looks like the photographer went too wide on many of those shots.

Massimo

Agreed - beyond a certain point the distortion is worse than missing parts of the vehicles.

#8: Re: Sinsheim photos Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:02 pm
    ----
Indeed I made a trip to Sinsheim in June. This time I was ready to handle the indoor lights and results were much better compared to my first visit.

Taking pictures is still somewhat of a pain, because the display is very busy, vehicles aren't isolated and sometimes the most interesting pieces are partially hidden by other stuff.
But what hurts AFV geeks, makes average visitors happy, in fact I was there with my wife and daughter, they were skeptical before reaching the Museum, but superhappy after the visit.

It's taking a long time to post-process the pictures, a bunch are already available on Flickr, more will come later on:
www.flickr.com/photos/...999486725/

Let's start with SdKfz 11:

Massimo

#9: Re: Sinsheim photos Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:35 pm
    ----
SdKfz 10:

Massimo

#10: Re: Sinsheim photos Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:11 pm
    ----
Another SdKfz 10:

Massimo

#11: Re: Sinsheim photos Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:13 pm
    ----
This was shot with a smaller camera and the "pole" techinique:

Massimo

#12: Re: Sinsheim photos Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:42 pm
    ----
SdKfz 6. Quite a unique vehicle, but too many other artifacts around make it hard to frame it properly:

Massimo

#13: Re: Sinsheim photos Author: Koluchiy PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:40 pm
    ----
Thank you very much :).

Maybe, some Pz.IV detailed photos? :-)))

#14: Re: Sinsheim photos Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:23 pm
    ----
I have quite a bunch of Pz IV pictures, but I have to turn RAW into JPG.
Sinsheim's Pz IV isn't in great shape. Do you have any specific need?

Massimo

#15: Re: Sinsheim photos Author: Massimo_FotiLocation: Lugano, Switzerland PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:12 am
    ----
Got some good RSO pictures:

Massimo

-> AFV News Discussion Board