SFC Button says a mighty HELLO to all.....
-> AFV News Discussion Board

#1: SFC Button says a mighty HELLO to all..... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:09 am
    ----
My God, it has been a while since I was on this site! My boys are 16 and 11 and play soccer, baseball, and football year round here in Texas so I am VERY busy to say the least. I might have one day a week without sports. The boys are gifted so the sports are even that much better to watch and participate in as a "Booster"! I also have spent what time I do have restoring and working on old MOPARS, (74 Dodge Dart Swinger, 72 Dodge D100 P/U, 83 RamCharger with a 440, and my daily driver 97 Ram 4X4 with 8inch lift and Super Swamper tires. Also since I became an 88N from an 11C I just dont have the chance to be around armor like I did before. Currently I work as an In-Processing NCO for new Soldiers at Ft Hood. Hope to hold this job till I retire around December 2012 through May 2013 timeframe. That will give me 30+ years of service!
I now contribute frequently on; www.forabodiesonly.com , with the above mentioned vehicles. I really haven't done much armor research lately and all the armor displays on post here at Fort Hood have changed so much as of late with the move of the 4th ID and the shuffle of units around the post while they are deployed, (they return to renovated barracks, motorpools, mess halls, etc, and in most instances, in a different area of the post. I will definitly try to get on here at least once a week from this point onwards!

#2: Re: SFC Button says a mighty HELLO to all..... Author: Roy_A_LingleLocation: El Paso & Ft Bliss, Texas PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:22 am
    ----
Hi Jeff!

Life does have a way of getting in the way of the fun here at AFV News.

Welcome back! Keep a eye on those boys, before you know it they will be grown and gone. I am still having problems with understanding my little girl is now 27! When did that happien?

Sgt, Scouts out!

#3: Re: SFC Button says a mighty HELLO to all..... Author: MarkHollowayLocation: Beatty, Nevada PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:40 am
    ----
Good to hear from you, Jeff. Glad you are doing well Smile

#4: Re: SFC Button says a mighty HELLO to all..... Author: SFC_Jeff_ButtonLocation: Ft Hood, TX PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:56 am
    ----
I'm doing pretty well. Tomorrow is my last day of 30 days of recovery leave for a left knee surgery, (the 4th on that knee). The weather here in Central Texas is COLD, 13 degree's tonight and tomorrow night through Friday we are expecting 1-3 inches of snow. While those of you up north laugh at this complaint, I am from Ohio originaly and know about cold and snow. Down here people barely know how to drive when it rains, let alone cold and snow. I'm more afraid of the Texas drivers than I am of the road/weather conditions! haha. If anyone needs to reach me, please feel free to use my military email address.

#5: Re: SFC Button says a mighty HELLO to all..... Author: Doug_KibbeyLocation: The Great Satan PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:47 am
    ----
Good to see you back around, Jeff!

I know about unexpected cold snaps in TX....the ones out around Amarillo when an "Albuquerque low" hits are treacherous...and one year in Dallas in the '80's, I saw at least eight cars with blown radiator hoses on the way to the airport, the emphasis on anti-freeze being what it is...or isn't. Laughing

Let's get some shots of those cars up in the Officer's Club, how about it...like to see how they've come along.

D.

#6: Re: SFC Button says a mighty HELLO to all..... Author: DontosLocation: Vine Grove, KY PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:36 pm
    ----
Jeff

For the past year I've been driving a 'rollback' recovery truck. A lot of windshield time throughout Northern Kentucky & Southern Indiana.

The folks up here may have seen snow & Ice before, but they damn sure haven't figured out how to drive in it! Most seem too preoccupied texting or updating 'Facebook' at 80 MPH....!!

For the past few weeks, it has seemed like a game of 'Combat Bumper Cars'....1?

Good to hear your back on your feet.

Regards
Don

-> AFV News Discussion Board