IL2 Cliffs of Dover
Go to page 1, 2  Next  :| |:
-> Officer's Club

#1: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: JG300-Dan736Location: Burlinton Ont PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:18 pm
    ----
Well after 3 or so years of waiting the next installment of the IL2 series is finally going to hit the shelves on about March 25 (of this year!) you can check it out here ve3d.ign.com/articles/...This-March hopfully the link will work

#2: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: Shadow_BshwackrLocation: Central Illinois, USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:30 am
    ----
- IL-2 Sturmovik
Key Features:

* New aircraft: incredibly detailed true-to-life modeling of aircraft systems based on thousands of hours of dedicated research. Every single aircraft component can be damaged for realistic and immensely satisfying results.
* Flyable aircraft – Over a dozen famous and highly detailed English, German and Italian aircraft available, with all crew positions open to players. All flyable aircraft have been painstakingly researched, resulting in incredibly accurate cockpit interiors (including Spitfire, Hurricane, Messerschmitt and the Stuka).
* Non-flyable aircraft – 13 AI controlled additional aircraft are also available to allow an even more accurate and immersive experience thanks to a varied aircraft.

WOOHOO!!! Thanks Dan!

#3: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: Uhu_FledermausLocation: Blaricum, The Netherlands ~GMT+1 PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:36 pm
    ----
erm ................ wil it be compatible with the other IL-2 series ?

#4: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:13 am
    ----
Minimum System Requirements for Cliffs of Dover:-

•OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows® 7 / Vista SP2 / Windows XP SP3
•PROCESSOR: Pentium® Dual-Core 2.0GHz or Athlon™ X2 3800+ (Intel Core i5 2.66GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 2.6GHz recommended)
•RAM: 2GB (4GB recommended)
•VIDEO CARD: DirectX® 9.0c compliant, 512Mb Video Card (1GB DirectX® 10 recommended) - See supported List*
•DIRECT X®: DirectX® 9.0c or DirectX® 10 (included on disc)
•DVD-ROM DRIVE: 8X
•SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c compatible
•HARD DISK: 10GB
•PERIPHERALS: Mouse, keyboard (joystick with throttle and rudder control recommended)
•MULTIPLAY: Broadband connection with 128 kbps upstream or faster

•SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE:
•ATI®: 4850/4870/5830/5850/5770/5870/6870/6950/6970
•NVidia®: 8800/9800/250/260/275/285/460/465/470/480

#5: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: RM_bizkidLocation: Ontario, Canada PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:11 pm
    ----
wil it be compatible with the other IL-2 series ?

I don't think so. New stand alone sim. Just hope the quoted release date will become a reality.

#6: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: 401RCAF_HammerLocation: Burlington, Ontario, Canada. PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:49 pm
    ----
-S-

Over a dozen flyable aircraft...!!..wow...lol..I have a feeling it will not be a fast game like 1946, I hope there will be more aircraft added like the Spitfire Mk 9...looking forward though, all I need is a new video card..lol..

Hammer

#7: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: wheelsup_cavuLocation: Corona, California PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:52 am
    ----
- Uhu_Fledermaus
erm ................ wil it be compatible with the other IL-2 series ?

No.
Cliffs of Dover is the first installment* in the Storm of War series using a new game engine.

Cliffs of Dover forums:
1C: forum.1cpublishing.eu/....php?f=189

UBI: forums.ubi.com/eve/for...8071032709

SimHQ: simhq.com/forum/ubbthr...Dover.html

Airwarfare: airwarfare.com/sow/ind...;Itemid=55

Wheels
*Future releases are dependendent on the success of this release.

#8: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: EURO_EXOWill PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:47 pm
    ----
Hello all Smile

Looking forward to new stand-alone sim. I usually do really well when a new combat flight sim comes out, then everyone learns my strat and parks on my six lol...especially Brit1 ( bugger ). I hope to see alot of familiar peeps in this one.

I hope to see Bushy in there, I never really finished shootin' him :)...MoAce too.

#9: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:52 pm
    ----
Ahhhhh Mo'.
Wonder what he's up to these days.
Good to see you about as well ExO.
Will be driving past you in June.
If you see some fool in a Mustang with the roof down and a Union Jack flying from the aerial.....!
¤§¤

#10: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: EURO_EXOWill PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:00 pm
    ----
comin' to central CA?...you must stop and see us. You will have a place to spend the night if ya need it. Just let me know when Shades you lil' squirly devil.

oh btw...you fly a Union Jack in my area...just expect to be the focus of a drive by lol....they will think you are a new gang!!

#11: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: ShadesLocation: 3rd Branch up, 'Ye Olde Oak', Green Wood. PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:53 pm
    ----
lol
Not sure I'll be able to stop this time around Will.
Taking my folks off for a fortnight while they're still able to travel (and I'm still able to put up with 'em for that long...!).
I'm gonna fly the flag just to wind your boys up now though.

;o)

#12: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:02 pm
    ----
OK so ...is this out yet, or what? Anyone have it? Thoughts?

I just did some light reading on the ubi.com forums and see the expected whining about low frame rates and such that come with any new sim, so actually I take that as a good sign that it is out now?

FWIW I saw some simply incredible screenshots from some members there...
forums.ubi.com/eve/for...7651017819

What's the story with this anti-epilepsy tweak it got at the last minute, or was that a bunch of hooey?

All the posts were very recent (April 1 or 2) so I am assuming it was released in the last couple days?

#13: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: JG300-AscoutLocation: Cyberspace PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:12 pm
    ----
- JG300-Stoopy

What's the story with this anti-epilepsy tweak it got at the last minute, or was that a bunch of hooey?

All the posts were very recent (April 1 or 2) so I am assuming it was released in the last couple days?

Apparently a "lawyer concession"* regarding those with photosensitive seizure issues (rapid changing bright lights can induce seizures in certain patients). However, it's not like they don't know that and this could be easily addressed with a EULA statement.

It appears to now have been made optional. See this thread, link to relevant page:

208.84.116.223/forums/...&st=60

#14: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: HF_SlowHandLocation: Meeechigan PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:31 pm
    ----
games got some blisteringly bad reviews...cliffs of dover anyone?

#15: Re: IL2 Cliffs of Dover Author: JG300-StoopyLocation: Group W bench PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:54 am
    ----
Isn't that always the way. I'm trying to remember the last flight sim, or combat flight sim, that didn't get angry reviews from disappointed enthusiasts immediately after being released, and drawing a blank.

Some interesting in-flight videos showing up on Youtube now.

-> Officer's Club